Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pageants

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Pageants

I have not been to a pageant recently, but I am aware of quite a few taking place around the world.

There is a Miss Trans Europe pageant taking place in Hamburg, Germany on the 30th September 2023. I can't find a website for it though I know one of the competitors -they are mostly Filipinas living in Germany.

There are snippets from the 2022 pageant on TikTok here-

miss trans europe 2022|TikTok Search

The prestigious Miss International Queen was held in Thailand last month, the link below is to one of many on YouTube

There are more, there is one held in Barcelona every year which has a high reputation. I will try to find more links.

3 out of 4 members liked this post.

Default Re: Pageants

I am now told the Miss Europa pageant will be held in the Statdhalle in Düsseldorf not Hamburg, but no other details, it doesn't appear on the Stadthalle website as I assume it is a private function.

The Miss Trans Star in Barcelona will be held on October 14th this year.

MISS TRANS STAR International Pageant | Barcelona | Facebook

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Sorry about this, but I have now been told the location is the Stadthalle in a town called Erkelenz, which is south-west of Dusseldorf. The pageant is called Binibining Europa, maybe Miss Europa as I think Binibining is just Tagalog for pageant. There is probably a Facebook site. It appears to be organized by Filipinas living in Germany/ Europe.

One of the contestants, Lea Pascua, not known to me personally, live in Tenerife, and is interviewed here; scroll down for other links to Trans pageant people in Europe.

Video interview with Lea Pascua Miss Tenerife in Miss Trans Spain 2023 (ilpiccolemagazine.tv)

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Pageants are serious business. My first experience and probably my last. More than four hours of tedium enlivened by the parades of themed costumes, swimwear, evening gown, and Q&A, the allegation being some of the contestants were given the questions (and probably the answers) in advance. Did the best girl win? Hard to say as they were all from the Philippines but living for the most part in Northern Europe (with their partners) eg Germany, Denmark and Norway, I think the winner lives in the latter. She looked glamorous and gorgeous but plain if still beautiful in the hotel at breakfast the following morning. The 'team' I was with was not disappointed, as some actually do it for fun. Those of you old enough to remember, may like to know Asunta Mae was contestant No 1, still ravishingly good looking but these days living in Denmark- she has won so many pageants big and small, but I am told she is also one of the ones who treats it as a party rather than a competition so was probably not bothered she didn't win though she was in the final 8.

I am told there is going to be a video. I will post a link if it surfaces somewhere, probably on Facebook. It will probably not be like the spectacles one can see in Thailand, but it was interesting in its own way. For those interested in such things, most of the people there were either friends or relatives of the contestants, there being little advance publicity, and there were not many, ahem, 'spares' of any gender, and though I was told there would be an After Party, we didn't go and I don't think it happened anyway.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

This is as good as it gets, but at over 5 hours you may want to fast forward!

Binibining Europa 2023 Grand Coronation night #BinibiningEuropa2023 | By GOrabells Production | Facebook

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

The site has been updated with more photos

GOrabells Production | Berlin | Facebook

Not sure about the Nice pageant, but there is a Miss T France is held in Paris- this is from last year

Édition 2022/23 - Miss T France (misstransfrance.com)

MISS FRANCE AT MISS INTERNATIONAL QUEEN - Miss T France (misstransfrance.com)

Short video worth seeing, Miss Peru is mucho picho, I think that's what its called.

Miss Trans International - Miss Trans International

1 out of 1 members liked this post.