Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Default minor technical problem with site

When I scroll over the titles of the posts and that little preview window opens up, they won't go away. Granted all I need to do is refresh the page and they go away, but it is a little annoying. I'm using Safari as my browser.

Professional Poster

I use Safari also and the same thing happens to me.

It especially sucks if the preview is of a huge pic that covers the whole browser window.

Me too, I find if I drag the pointer off the link right after I click on it, it doesnt happen

I'm on a Mac (OS10.4.10) and I use Safari also, and it is a bit of a nuisance until I learned to avoid touching preview sets with my cursor.

Anyway, the preview windows close with Internet Explorer 5.2 on a Mac as well as with AOL's (Netscape??) browser on a Mac. IE5.2 feels cheap, though. Maybe you can try Mozilla/Firefox (I don't have it on this computer).

For me, it's such a minor annoyance that I'll stick with Safari. I just saw Safari 3.0 is available for download, too.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Falrune
    I'm on a Mac (OS10.4.10) and I use Safari also, and it is a bit of a nuisance until I learned to avoid touching preview sets with my cursor.

Anyway, the preview windows close with Internet Explorer 5.2 on a Mac as well as with AOL's (Netscape??) browser on a Mac. IE5.2 feels cheap, though. Maybe you can try Mozilla/Firefox (I don't have it on this computer).

For me, it's such a minor annoyance that I'll stick with Safari. I just saw Safari 3.0 is available for download, too.
    I think all Mac browsers have some issues...
    One time I went through 5 different browsers while attempting to submit a job application online and only the final one worked. I believe it was IE5, which hasn't been updated for Mac in like 5 years. Go figure.

Firefox seems to have the same cache overload problems that Safari has, where when it's been running for several days with 2 dozen tabs open and it nearly slows to a halt...

Opera works quite decently, but it saves my favorites file to my desktop and I have no idea how to make it stop doing that.

I really like the feel of Safari, I just wish it were more compatible and didn't slow so much after heavy usage.

I love that it autosaves images and renames them if there is already a file with the same name...
    Instead of asking me 30 times whether I want to replace "01.jpg" like every other browser does.
    What a pain.

Sometimes I wish the iphone and ipod would fail miserably so Apple could go back to being a computer-focused company.

Okay. It took a long time (hours, LOL) to update seven programs (including the OS, which contained Safari 3.04), but now I'm at OS10.4.11 and Safari 3.04. Those big preview windows seem to want to close (ie., it's hard to keep them open...) so for me, the update seems to have made a difference... I think the problem has evaporated, at least in my brief testing.

Professional Poster

I never tested v3 on the previews...

But I know I am still getting the problem with the cache overflowing. >_<

/annoyed

I lol at mac users.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by GrimFusion
    I lol at mac users.
    BITE MY RECTUM, jerkface :P

5 Star Poster

I use Firefox, everything works for me. Though we turn the computers off at night. And we reset our router about once a week.

Also our systems are like gigantic. I think Jessica's has like 10GB of ram and several 750+ Gig drives... so when things are bogging down the only way we can tell usually is if the internet pipe slows, like when we are moving a lot of video.

I was thinking of making my i-mac into my network system, but now I'm not so sure.

Sigh,
    TS Jamie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jessica_at_computer_877.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	147512