Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default How do you plan to retire?

I was just wondering what everyone is doing to prepare for retirement? I know some of you have large amounts money coming in from a variety of lucrative endeavors so I was wondering if anyone is saving or investing their money to be comfy in the future? And if you have achieved the majority of your life goals whatever those may be? What are your life goals? And what are you doing to accomplish those goals?

Professional Poster

I actually do not care to 'retire'. Most people I know who have become wealthy enough to do that miss the socialization and productivity they had when they actually "worked" and end up doing just that, even if it is only part-time.

I understand that in the past when someone would work hard labor in a steel mill their whole life, wanting to escape that, eventually, but office work isn't that bad, and I plan on doing that until I croak.

I mean, what would I do if I wasn't doing that?

Play shuffleboard and bingo or sit around and watch TV every day?

No thanks!

I plan on killing you

My official Adult Blog

http://www.kellypierceblog.com

My Official Blog for my TS Sisters

http://www.secretkelly.com

My official Cam Site

http://www.kellysdreamhouse.com

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by KellyShore
    I plan on killing you
    premeditated murder is def. an interesting way to retire.
    what gang to you plan on joining in prison?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne1
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyShore
    I plan on killing you
    premeditated murder is def. an interesting way to retire.
    what gang to you plan on joining in prison?
    the one with a bunch of hot hung hardbodies that need serviced

My official Adult Blog

http://www.kellypierceblog.com

My Official Blog for my TS Sisters

http://www.secretkelly.com

My official Cam Site

http://www.kellysdreamhouse.com

Junior Poster

i retired at 34

i now spend my times shoping going to lunch w/friends, moves, playing w/my dog, cooking, playing video games,spa days ......

Senior Member Junior Poster kalina's Avatar

It depends on what people think being retired is. To some, it means accumulating at least $1 million in the bank via savings and 401k and waiting until you're 62 to get most of it. If so, I've got a long way to go. If being retired means you paid off your cars, house, and other bills and just pay for utilities each month, then I can retire in 3 years when I'm 42. But this is not a wise thing to do because I have too many expensive hobbies like music, photography, and clothes, so it's not a good idea to retire until I'm like 50.

5 Star Poster

I was going to start a thread about this actually. My parents were in town for Christmas and we started talking about THEIR retirement plan...which apparently is keep working until one of them dies and then the life insurance will take care of the other. I think that's sad, but I can't argue with the logic. So I asked them what they would think if I were to pay for upping their insurance for a...piece of the action ...they think it's a great idea. They're in their early seventies. Anyone have any input on the viability of this, or how I'd go about it?

Senior Member Junior Poster kalina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suckseed
    I was going to start a thread about this actually. My parents were in town for Christmas and we started talking about THEIR retirement plan...which apparently is keep working until one of them dies and then the life insurance will take care of the other. I think that's sad, but I can't argue with the logic. So I asked them what they would think if I were to pay for upping their insurance for a...piece of the action ...they think it's a great idea. They're in their early seventies. Anyone have any input on the viability of this, or how I'd go about it?
    Wait a sec... what if by chance both of them die at around the same time? It happens. Then you won't be getting anything.

Put your money into a set of stocks. BRK.B or GOOG should be one of them.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by kalina
    Quote Originally Posted by suckseed
    Wait a sec... what if by chance both of them die at around the same time? It happens. Then you won't be getting anything.

Put your money into a set of stocks. BRK.B or GOOG should be one of them.
    I don't understand. I'm assuming that you're saying if they are each other's beneficiaries, and they die together, in that event the insurance is not paid to the relatives?