Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Default It's Shocking....I Know

Several weeks ago there was a thread about Fox News that someone felt warranted time and space on the GD boards, the cries of "propagandists" were tossed out fairly freely and true to form, like guppies to food flakes, you libs jumped right in, but there was only a passing reference to MSNBC, so I felt they deserved their own thread as an antidote, and because media bias is rampant. And in case you think these links came from a conservative web site...think again. Mediate is run by, and sympathetic to liberals. Now MSNBC, or any network or media is free to hire and fire whoever they desire, but what's particular telling about this is The President of MSNBC New's comments, and the fact that Buchanan was the only opposing opinion on the entire network....Mr. Griffin said, “The ideas he put forth aren't really appropriate for national dialogue, much less the dialogue on MSNBC"..........Really ??and let me get this straight....you're the tolerant ones? LMAO......This sounds eerily familiar to speech codes put in place at major liberal universities. At least the writer admits he hasn't read the book ( as if his eyes would fall from their sockets if he ventured into something other than liberal dogma) and my guess is neither has Griffen. But why bother with diversity of opinion ? If Buchanan's message was so frightening, as the President of a news organization, wouldn't the proper thing be to let opposing voices be heard and rise or fall on their own accord?

The body count continues to pile up for simply stating an opinion...Jaun Williams, Pat Buchanan, Octavia Nasr, Shirvell.....

And if that wasn't enough....I added another link just for good measure...It too is instructive.

http://www.mediaite.com/columnists/w...r-just-msnbcs/

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/romney-su...ave-an-agenda/

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Default Re: It's Shocking....I Know

If you ever get a chance to watch MSNBC panel discussion shows,(TiVo is your friend!), usually from noon throughout the evening, you'll see an endless stream of former Republican campaign managers, pollsters, etc. as regular guests on shows.

Former Republican Congressman Joe Scarborough has a three hour program in the morning every day of the week. Former RNC chair Michael Steele is a preferred guest and voice of the opposition on shows like like Rachel Maddow and Scarborough.

Chris Matthews won't always let his guests finish their point, but he's willing to have any conservative appear on his show and argue for the opposition.

My first extensive exposure to leaders within the Tea Party movement were from interviews on MSNBC.

The amount of time given on networks like Fox and MSNBC to the political opposition just isn't the same.

I know Pat Buchanan used to be a regular on Morning Joe. Haven't seen him in months.
    Was he canned?? WHo knows.

BTW, the #1 personality on MSNBC, Keith Olberman, was canned by the cable network.
    Unlike Glenn Beck who was dismissed by Fox for playing the crazy conspiracy card one too many times, Olberman was loud but a fairly mainstream leftie.

Its called freedom, everyone has the freedom to turn the channel to what ever they want to watch. If you don't like what your seeing, change the channel.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

It's the opposite of freedom, FOX has got you hypnotized. You can't turn away. Lap it up. Drink it in. Pour it in your ears. You love it. You love the warm drone of your prejudices being repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and...
    It's so addictive. It's so delicious. You can't stop now. You can't turn it off. I dare you to try. Look away. You can't. Turn it off for just a year. You can't.
    Once Foxaganda takes you thrall, there is no freedom, none at all. Just enjoy. Enjoy our programming. Enjoy your programming. Enjoy your pre-programmed rage and anger. Please wait while we complete your programming. Side effects may include sweet, sweet delirium. Relax now. That's right. Fox is fair. Fox is balanced. Fox is wonderful. Fox is right. Fox is Right. Fox is so foxy. Sleep now.

Last edited by trish; 01-10-2012 at 07:11 PM. Reason: just turned all apparent claims of fact into suggestions :)
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    It's the opposite of freedom, FOX has got you hypnotized. You can't turn away. Lap it up. Drink it in. Pour it in your ears. You love it. You love the warm drone of your prejudices being repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and...
    It's so addictive. It's so delicious. You can't stop now. You can't turn it off. I dare you to try. Look away. You can't. Turn it off for just a year. You can't.
    Once Foxaganda takes you thrall, there is no freedom, none at all. Just enjoy. Enjoy our programming. Enjoy your programming. Enjoy your pre-programmed rage and anger. Please wait while we complete your programming. Side effects may include sweet, sweet delirium. Relax now. That's right. Fox is fair. Fox is balanced. Fox is wonderful. Fox is right. Fox is Right. Fox is so foxy. Sleep now.
    Ya that whole freedom thing has got you in a tizzy.. Maybe we need government to tell us what to watch? Eat? Work? Live?

Maybe we should just let FOX do our thinking.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Maybe we should just let FOX do our thinking.
    Or.........as is the case with you, the NY Times.

Wrong again loser. Stick to what you know. I let Jesus do my thinking. Whenever I've a decision to make, I pray to Jesus. Whenever I need to know what's true and what's false, I ask Jesus. And Jesus never fails me. He always guides the way. And the last time I spoke to Jesus, Jesus said, "Yea, let us all let FOX do our thinking. Let FOX do our thinking from this day forth." Hallelujhah! Praise FOX NEWS! Amen.

Last edited by trish; 01-11-2012 at 04:50 AM.

5 Star Poster

Wrong again loser. Stick to what you know. I let Jesus do my thinking. Whenever I've a decision to make, I pray to Jesus. Whenever I need to know what's true and what's false, I ask Jesus. And Jesus never fails me. He always guides the way. And the last time I spoke to Jesus, Jesus said, "Yea, let us all let FOX do our thinking. Let FOX do our thinking from this day forth." Hallelujhah! Praise FOX NEWS! Amen.
    that sounds great Trish i wish we had Fox they sound like they are god's gift,it's great to know you follow gods light sister Trish ,Amen

live with honour

Amen, brother.