Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Man tapes woman letting dog walk unleashed, is attacked.

Happened on the Camelback Mountains in Phoenix earlier today.

A plea from KPHO CBS 5 in Phoenix:

Do you know this woman? She was hiking on Camelback Mountain this morning and CBS 5 News would like to speak with her about what she saw. Please use the action button found on www.cbs5az.com. Like and share with your friends!

After a bunch of judgmental comments both pro and con, CBS 5 had more to say:

Folks- some have taken this one step too far. First- the mountain is a public place and there is no guaranteed right to privacy. We are attempting to get her side of a story without calling her out for doing anything wrong. Some have already done that, unfortunately. For several reasons I had to delete the video link. If anyone knows this woman we would appreciate hearing from her. Thank you.

Finally after more comments, this:

Thank you all for the comments- supportive and otherwise. Our Facebook page is a separate entity from our news product. This incident has not been on television or our station's web site and we have no plans to move further with it unless we hear from the "mystery woman", at which point we will evaluate what she has to say about the encounter. I am sorry to those who were subjected to abusive language, as our intent was only to locate the hiker and hear her story firsthand before putting anything on air irresponsibly. We may delete this thread if the comments continue to degrade. Now... back to the game. Go Cards!

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Man tapes woman letting dog walk unleashed, is attacked.

Not exactly the worst we’ve ever seen in the long, rich, praiseworthy and celebrated history of violence, but you have to admit the woman is a f** bitch…

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Why did you post this rather uninteresting clip? it's a bit "so what" in the wider schemeof things.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Who knows, Prospero? You know about the butterfly effect...
    Many terrible conflicts might have been originally caused by waves of bad mood, after the single fight of a woman with her drunken hubby in some small isolated village...
    Who knows what the repercussions of this one will really be, at the other end of this world?

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles resident View Post
    Happened on the Camelback Mountains in Phoenix earlier today.

A plea from KPHO CBS 5 in Phoenix:

Do you know this woman? She was hiking on Camelback Mountain this morning and CBS 5 News would like to speak with her about what she saw. Please use the action button found on www.cbs5az.com. Like and share with your friends!

After a bunch of judgmental comments both pro and con, CBS 5 had more to say:

Folks- some have taken this one step too far. First- the mountain is a public place and there is no guaranteed right to privacy. We are attempting to get her side of a story without calling her out for doing anything wrong. Some have already done that, unfortunately. For several reasons I had to delete the video link. If anyone knows this woman we would appreciate hearing from her. Thank you.

Finally after more comments, this:

Thank you all for the comments- supportive and otherwise. Our Facebook page is a separate entity from our news product. This incident has not been on television or our station's web site and we have no plans to move further with it unless we hear from the "mystery woman", at which point we will evaluate what she has to say about the encounter. I am sorry to those who were subjected to abusive language, as our intent was only to locate the hiker and hear her story firsthand before putting anything on air irresponsibly. We may delete this thread if the comments continue to degrade. Now... back to the game. Go Cards!
    I used to walk a dog through the streets of NW3 without a lead, I don't suppose it would be allowed these days in this rule-obsessed society.

To argue a dog halfway up a mountain is supposed to be on a lead is not just plain stupid, it is a violation of the dog's freedom! I wouldn't be surprised if the rule-junkie hadn't been giving the woman some lip before the edited clip we see. I feel sorry for the dog.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    To argue a dog halfway up a mountain is supposed to be on a lead is not just plain stupid, it is a violation of the dog's freedom!
    It's a joke right? Dog's freedom?
    What if there were nesting birds, endangered plants trying to be re-introduced etc. Generally that's why dogs need to be leashed when in country or on mountain and this guy felt strongly enough to make a point.

oh i hate those fuckers filming everything with their cellphone

Living dangerous is living, the rest is just tv

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    It's a joke right? Dog's freedom?
    What if there were nesting birds, endangered plants trying to be re-introduced etc. Generally that's why dogs need to be leashed when in country or on mountain and this guy felt strongly enough to make a point.

Dogs need to be able to run around and do their thing, I think you understand the point. The biggest threat to nesting birds isn't Rover or Fido, but other birds, foxes, and humans who hunt rare species. Dogs might urinate on plants, but aren't likely to damage them or eat them, which is what goats probably would do. Dogs are not the problem, if they were, then why not ban them, and have them all eliminated?

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Dogs need to be able to run around and do their thing, I think you understand the point. The biggest threat to nesting birds isn't Rover or Fido, but other birds, foxes, and humans who hunt rare species. Dogs might urinate on plants, but aren't likely to damage them or eat them, which is what goats probably would do. Dogs are not the problem, if they were, then why not ban them, and have them all eliminated?
    Dog's will worry and chase off nesting birds (ground nesting) and other animals especially in mating season. I don't know if that's the case here but clearly the was a reason for dogs to be leashed in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    Dog's will worry and chase off nesting birds (ground nesting) and other animals especially in mating season. I don't know if that's the case here but clearly the was a reason for dogs to be leashed in that area.
    I had to google it as I don't know much about Camelback Mountain, and from what I have read it is the dog who should be worried. But I still think we should be more relaxed about dogs being taken for a walk, its not like you can compare a mountain to Oxford Street. They also used to have concerts on the mountainside.

Camelback Mountain is home to a wide variety of plants and animals. RATTLESNAKES ARE VERY COMMON ON THE TRAILS AND THROUGHOUT THE MOUNTAIN! Use Caution! If you encounter them on or near the trail, allow them plenty of room to pass, or give yourself plenty of room to safely move around without disturbing them. Keep in mind that we are visitors in their home. This area is also home to the Chuckwalla lizard- a large, non-poisonous, potbellied lizard with loose folds of skin around its neck and shoulders. Chuckwallas are often seen basking in the sun on a rock outcrop, keeping its body temperature high. If threatened, the chuckwalla will squeeze into a rock crevice and inflate its body so predators can't pull it out. The chuckwalla is often mistaken for the poisonous Gila Monster.
    Other common animals and birds on Camelback Mountain include the Harris antelope squirrel, Desert cottontail rabbit, Black-tailed jackrabbit, Kit fox, Cactus wrens, hummingbirds, Gambel quail, Gila woodpeckers, Verdins, White-winged doves, and swallows, as well as a variety of hawks and falcons.
    Camelback Mountain is located in the northern part of the Sonoran Desert, a region dominated by saguaro cacti, creosote bush and palo verde trees. Average annual rainfall is less than ten inches.

https://sites.google.com/site/boglek...elbackmountain