Red Eye (ITVx 2024)
Red Eye - Series 1 - Episode 1 - ITVX

So I got Red Eye binge watching every episode, and yet imagine the makers of this nonsense have red faces owing to the plot holes -not enough to fill the gaps in the Great Door of China, but still they mount up.

Drama overload has a plot and plots within plots featuring a Metropolitan police officer + MI5 + MI6 + CIA + Chinese Govt + Rogue actors + billion dollar nuclear power contract.

In episode 2 a main character is wearing glasses, which he loses, never needing glasses again.

He is a qualified doctor but drinks before he drives, hiring a car in Beijing which is uncharacteristically void of traffic when he is on the road.

Dead bodies left on a plane will, like all dead bodies, leak if the orifices are not plugged within a few hours of death, something airline companies might want to think about, not least because of the smell.

How easy it is for non-company staff to have access to every nook and cranny of an aeroplane I don't know.

I did not know that nobody is on 'British soil' until they have passed through immigration/passport control. So where are they?

How easy is it to get into the back garden of the Chinese Embassy in London? I suggest a wander around their building in Portland Place to find out -I used to work near there and it was not that accessible, mind you I never tried and I don't think the BBC would have protected me. Fun fact: I once saw legendary footballer Denis Law at a photo shoot on Portland Place, but was too timid to ask for a selfie.

In the end, the bad guys lose, and the good guys win. I hope I haven't spoiled it for anyone.