Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Re: Do nice guys finish last?

a couple of tunes that may go well with this thread (tongue firmly in cheek btw)

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster goatman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie French View Post
    Nah, you're none of those things. You're writing would be engaging if that were the case. You're milquetoast, retire weary and miserable at 65, middle management material at best.
    You're off by about 23 years(come Sunday), one vacated "high-shine, no finish" commission sales stint in Retail Hell, one political grass-roots door-knocker gig for the Big Man @ 1600 Penn Ave, N.W., 1 decent LSAT score, several botched attempts at Graduate School(notably Johns Hopkins), one high[at the time] paying- under appreciated whipping boy teaching job, 4.2 years protecting Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, & North Texas from Al-Qaeda( by carrying an m16A2 rifle, an m9 pistol & polishing a gate shack with my ass) , 2 years as a "legally-licensed drug dealer" 5 years college(1 year private liberal arts, 4 years State), high school in the 80's(2.5 Catholic, 1.5 public), 1 "fair-to Middlen" SAT score, 1 HIGH ACT score, a mixed-portmanteau/hodgepodge primary education[read: "Montessori-Catholic-public], 2 Ataris, 1 Sega, 1 NES, 1 N64, 2 pawned-PlayStation2s, 1 pawned-xbox, 4 destroyed cars(all high performance), 1 under-appreciated & under-obedience trained Beagle, 1 German Shepherd puppy dead from dysentery, 1 half-sister whom I didn't meet until I was 20, 1 full-sister I still can't figure out, 4 failed engagements(the most recent one in Vegas), 1 possible "love child" in North Texas, 1 one-night stand(possibly resulting in afore-mention possible "love child" in North Texas), 13 ex-girlfriends(8 of whom were strippers-I mean "exotic dancers"), 3 girlfriends who were directly or indirectly separated from me(because of my race/ethnic origin), 2 beautifully aging Southern-born parents that I admittedly put through Hell when I was younger, numerous exasperated/frustrated/disappointed friends, extended family members, teachers, college professor(one of whom a noted & internationally recognized Shakespeare scholar)& clergy(of both the Roman Catholic AND the A.M.E. faith), 3 Company-Grade Officers of the United States Air Force, at least 7-10 non-commissioned officers of the afore-mentioned United States Air Force(including 2 1st Sergeants & 2 former Marines, of whom WAS a FIRST SGT!) one shrink, one life-coach, 1 embarrassed morally-outraged guidance counselor & one embarrassed & SIGNIFICANTLY outraged Mensa recruiter....& one pissed off college fraternity and a private liberal arts college in Atlanta, Ga that COULD NOT BELIEVE that I turned them down in order to attend college in Tidewater Virginia....

And of course the numerously pleasurable run-ins with beer, wine, various spirits, cannabis, & adult service providers(but I'm not bragging)...

And did I mention that I'm also bi/pan-sexual(& finally comfortable with it)?

"And still, I rise"--Maya Angelou

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

Professional Poster lifeisfiction's Avatar

Interesting discourse about simply being nice. Never thought to strive for good traits would be something considered bad. Life is not in a bubble and the world is bigger than the corner of our neighborhood. It is sadly true, what measure you give is the measure you will receive.

Senior Member 5 Star Poster Jamie French's Avatar

You think you're winning a debate by shoving right past what people are saying and projecting you're own convoluted interpretations on to the other side's arguments. That's a pale fuckin' maneuver dude.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisfiction View Post
    Interesting discourse about simply being nice. Never thought to strive for good traits would be something considered bad. Life is not in a bubble and the world is bigger than the corner of our neighborhood. It is sadly true, what measure you give is the measure you will receive.

26 lifetime passes left to my site for my face surgery. Help out, gimme your email & I'll make it worth your while. https://life.indiegogo.com/fundraise...-surgery-funds

My @clips4sale store... updated every day for the next year and a half, starting... NOW. http://clips4sale.com/20182

http://deadgirlproductions.com/
    http://www.tsjamiefrench.com
    http://www.twitter.com/Jamie_French

Senior Member 5 Star Poster Jamie French's Avatar

Saw all the brackets, numbers and commas and didn't even bother to read what is obviously a headache written out in long form. You don't even know you're a punchline.

Quote Originally Posted by goatman View Post
    You're off by about 23 years(come Sunday), one vacated "high-shine, no finish" commission sales stint in Retail Hell, one political grass-roots door-knocker gig for the Big Man @ 1600 Penn Ave, N.W., 1 decent LSAT score, several botched attempts at Graduate School(notably Johns Hopkins), one high[at the time] paying- under appreciated whipping boy teaching job, 4.2 years protecting Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, & North Texas from Al-Qaeda( by carrying an m16A2 rifle, an m9 pistol & polishing a gate shack with my ass) , 2 years as a "legally-licensed drug dealer" 5 years college(1 year private liberal arts, 4 years State), high school in the 80's(2.5 Catholic, 1.5 public), 1 "fair-to Middlen" SAT score, 1 HIGH ACT score, a mixed-portmanteau/hodgepodge primary education[read: "Montessori-Catholic-public], 2 Ataris, 1 Sega, 1 NES, 1 N64, 2 pawned-PlayStation2s, 1 pawned-xbox, 4 destroyed cars(all high performance), 1 under-appreciated & under-obedience trained Beagle, 1 German Shepherd puppy dead from dysentery, 1 half-sister whom I didn't meet until I was 20, 1 full-sister I still can't figure out, 4 failed engagements(the most recent one in Vegas), 1 possible "love child" in North Texas, 1 one-night stand(possibly resulting in afore-mention possible "love child" in North Texas), 13 ex-girlfriends(8 of whom were strippers-I mean "exotic dancers"), 3 girlfriends who were directly or indirectly separated from me(because of my race/ethnic origin), 2 beautifully aging Southern-born parents that I admittedly put through Hell when I was younger, numerous exasperated/frustrated/disappointed friends, extended family members, teachers, college professor(one of whom a noted & internationally recognized Shakespeare scholar)& clergy(of both the Roman Catholic AND the A.M.E. faith), 3 Company-Grade Officers of the United States Air Force, at least 7-10 non-commissioned officers of the afore-mentioned United States Air Force(including 2 1st Sergeants & 2 former Marines, of whom WAS a FIRST SGT!) one shrink, one life-coach, 1 embarrassed morally-outraged guidance counselor & one embarrassed & SIGNIFICANTLY outraged Mensa recruiter....& one pissed off college fraternity and a private liberal arts college in Atlanta, Ga that COULD NOT BELIEVE that I turned them down in order to attend college in Tidewater Virginia....

And of course the numerously pleasurable run-ins with beer, wine, various spirits, cannabis, & adult service providers(but I'm not bragging)...

0 out of 2 members liked this post.
    26 lifetime passes left to my site for my face surgery. Help out, gimme your email & I'll make it worth your while. https://life.indiegogo.com/fundraise...-surgery-funds

My @clips4sale store... updated every day for the next year and a half, starting... NOW. http://clips4sale.com/20182

http://deadgirlproductions.com/
    http://www.tsjamiefrench.com
    http://www.twitter.com/Jamie_French

Professional Poster lifeisfiction's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie French View Post
    You think you're winning a debate by shoving right past what people are saying and projecting you're own convoluted interpretations on to the other side's arguments. That's a pale fuckin' maneuver dude.
    The comment wasn't about you, nor was my statement about you. Its an observation on the matter. I never found your point valid or the reason behind it to warrant me to continue. If I wanted to refer to you I would, when there is no more benefit to the matter, nor do I care enough to continue. It wasn't a debate it was different opinions. Debates people actually try to view another's view point, this is not the case. I can watch some political debate TV and get more satisfaction. The statement I made is an observation. If wanted to win debate I would. I just don't care enough to continue the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Curiousguy04 View Post
    Why do nice guys finish last? Or is it just me? I was taught to treat people the way i wanted to be treated. I treat women with respect and it seems im always getting looked over for a bad boy. And then later they break up with em because he wasnt what they thought he would be. So am i doing something wrong? I just dont know.
    I believe the girls and some of the guys have this correct.
    If you read the OPS actual statement, note the phrasing in bold. Does anyone honestly believe a person is always going to get overlooked because he is simply a nice guy?

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by goatman View Post

I'm not saying this to be mean. I actually did read your post. This is one dreadful post, with 20 completely irrelevant pieces of information, three wholly unnecessary ellipses, expressed in one outrageously pretentious writing style.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    If it was in communication studies, you should probably ask for a refund.
    Nah, English....
    I was TOO LAZY for Comm.

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I'm not saying this to be mean. I actually did read your post. This is one dreadful post, with 20 completely irrelevant pieces of information, three wholly unnecessary ellipses, expressed in one outrageously pretentious writing style.
    Yep.