Page 213 of 224 FirstFirst ... 113163203208209210211212213214215216217218223 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2233
    Senior Member Gold Poster KnightHawk 2.0's Avatar

Default Re: Thought for the Day

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Given that Clinton beat Trump by more than 3 million votes, surely in 2016 Clinton was elected, and Trump was selected? That is, by the Electoral College. He has never won an election in the US, and he never will, his solid voter base never expands, it is what it is. The 2024 election will be fought, not by voters, but by those Republican Party officials in the State who think they can, must and will try to deny any popular majority for the Democrat, assuming Trump is the candidate, which is by no means certain. Whether the changes made in States will be enough remains to be seen, but Democracy in America is fragile, and not to be messed around by someone who calls the American people 'scum' and 'vermin', calls its women 'skanks', as DJT has done.
    Completely agree,and Donald Trump despicable and disgusting comments shows how unhinged,unfit and dangerous he is,and should never be allowed to step foot in the White House again.

Senior Member Gold Poster KnightHawk 2.0's Avatar

If any regular citizen of the United States said cruel,despicable,disgusting comments and making threats against prosecutors,federal judges and their staffs,and intimidating witnesses from corporating like Donald Trump has said and done,they would have been arrested by the FBI and put in a federal prison. IMHO Federal Prosecutors,Judges and District Attorneys needs to send a very strong message that nobody is above the law,by putting him in prison during the trial.

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KnightHawk 2.0 View Post
    The Democrats have alot of work to do to convince the African-American,Asian,Latino,Muslim and other communities and younger voters to vote for their candidates in 2024.
    Agreed!
    Plenty of reasons for Blacks, Hispanics, and Jewish Americans to go Independent or another party outside of the Republican and Democrat.
    There's already a large constituent of Republican Hispanics (hence why Texas has been hard to flip) and now with a lot of anti-semitism brewing within the Democrat party, what incentive is there for Jewish Americans to continue to vote Democrat?

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    what incentive is there for Jewish Americans to continue to vote Democrat?
    It was the Democrat Party's President, LBJ who took sides with Israel against the Arabs in 1967, a strategic alliance that has not changed since then. It was a Democrat -Jimmy Carter- who presided over the Peace Treaty between Egypt and Israel in 1979, and another, Clinton who brought Yitzhak Rabin and Yasser Arafat to the table to sign the 1993 Treaty. I don't know if the membership of the Party has gone rogue, but I doubt it, and anyway the behaviour of Netanyahu over the last few years has caused a lot of dissent among American Jews, many of who are Liberal where Netanyahu is a Nationalist or even a Fascist if you consider some of his policies, even if designed to win the lunatic fringes, but then there was a time when Likud was a party of terrorists and lunatics.

And where do American Jews stand on social policy ?--probably closer to the DP on issues like climate change and abortion, than the GOP.

The more pertinent question is, why would any Black American vote for a nauseating Racist like Donald Trump? And when he calls Americans 'Vermin', having previously described his 'Fellow Americans' as 'scum', and Hillary Clinton as a 'skank' -why would any American vote for this pathetic, whining loser?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Are Jews Facing the Prospect of Another Holocaust?

I Survived the Holocaust. It's Starting to Feel Like the 1930s Again | Opinion
    https://www.newsweek.com/i-survived-...pinion-1843328

Despite Hamas' Best Efforts, the Holocaust Is Not Back | Opinion
    https://www.newsweek.com/hamas-attac...pinion-1840337

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Number of Israelis murdered by Hamas, 1,200.

Palestinians murdered by Christians protected by the IDF in Sabra and Chatila camps in Lebanon in 1982, 3,500.

If the word used for the first is 'Holocaust' what word describes the second?

Question Re: Thought for the Day

Are the Pro-Palestine protests going to get worse - or have they peaked? 🤔💭

Top House Democrats evacuated from DNC headquarters as police clash with protesters calling for Gaza ceasefire
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/15/polit...ted/index.html

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    There's already a large constituent of Republican Hispanics (hence why Texas has been hard to flip) and now with a lot of anti-semitism brewing within the Democrat party, what incentive is there for Jewish Americans to continue to vote Democrat?
    And your evidence for this is what? Or are you simply equating concern for the rights and lives of Palestinians with anti-Semitism?

Fascinating times!

Pro-Palestinian protests evacuated the DNC, stopped traffic on the Bay Bridge and are following Joe Biden around the country
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/16/polit...ers/index.html

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

This man is clearly nuts, but other than asking how he was invited to speak at a rally for Israel, the real question is how representative of American Christian is he? Not least because one reads in other places that church attendances are in decline, and more Americans are secular than before -perhaps people hear they are in the 'end times' and about to die, and think -yes I like the sound of eternal life, but maybe later?

These Evangelicals Are Cheering the Gaza War as the End of the World (yahoo.com)