Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    The Real Thing. Junior Poster

Default Re: Lurkers are such losers

Quote Originally Posted by MdR Dave View Post
    Nice. Nabokov said that "reality" is a word that should always be in quotations.

The more I experience, the more that rings true.
    I agree. The word, "REALITY" means pertaining to, but not necessarily what is real. That is how they can call those TV shows, REALITY SHOWS. None of them are real in any way. They are all scripted shows with paid actors. Even shows like American Idol, the new X-FACTOR, and all game shows. They are fake. It is just entertainment to get ratings, and they are cheap to produce.

"Get your facts straight first, then you can distort them as you please." ....................

It is perfectly legal to be stupid. I just wish people would stop abusing the privilege.
    ....................Mark Twain

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    You're not only dead right, but I'm beginning to think it was a good thing all round when you came back. Thanks FF.
    I'm not a really big fan of "FF" or "Fistfuk", for that matter, but thank you. I picked a protest name. NYCe won't let me have my original name back. I'm not complaining, just saying. . .

Heh

-Honda

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

Lurkers may be losers but so are some of the people that post

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Reflections View Post
    Lurkers may be losers but so are some of the people that post
    I can't argue with that. . .

Professional Poster
    NY for now(upstate area) but trying to move to LA!

Quote Originally Posted by FistFuk View Post
    It's the same thing nearly every time.
    yeah Im starting to notice this forum is starting to get very repetitive and boring. Only thing bringing me back are some new pics of tgirls I may of have never saw in some threads...

I Can Suck You Dry!!!

:jerkoff:

Amy is so dang cute!!!

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    Describe "reality" then.
    Reality is what's outside and what's real. Get out and experience more, that's reality.

Senior Member 5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
    Amy is so dang cute!!!
    Best reply on this thread- maybe not most relevant, but I can get behind it 100%!

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    I agree. The word, "REALITY" means pertaining to, but not necessarily what is real. That is how they can call those TV shows, REALITY SHOWS. None of them are real in any way. They are all scripted shows with paid actors. Even shows like American Idol, the new X-FACTOR, and all game shows. They are fake. It is just entertainment to get ratings, and they are cheap to produce.
    I don't consider Nabokov to be an authority on anything, other than Butterflies, which he so mercilessly hunted down for his own perverted gratification.

The reality in American Idol and the X Factor is the audience, the performers, the judges, and the unseen technicians: they are not made up, they are real. The confusion is with reality as a raw product, and reality edited for popular consumption: the films we see, the books we read, the newspapers and magazines, the txt messages, these posts, are all edited -we do it consciously as part of the joy of writing, just as we edit out from texts those parts we don't want to say; just as news programmes do not show you the raw footage of the aftermath of a suicide bombing; and just as Lurkers edit the truth of who they are and what they look like. Editing is the pause button, the scissors and paste tool, the interpellation of desire and restraint -or excess, the signature of anxiety. It is what enables us to craft what it is that we want to say. Humankind cannot bear much reality, which is why we edit and txt...and lurk...

Putting the "F-U" in fun! Professional Poster Bobby Domino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    I don't consider Nabokov to be an authority on anything, other than Butterflies, which he so mercilessly hunted down for his own perverted gratification.

The reality in American Idol and the X Factor is the audience, the performers, the judges, and the unseen technicians: they are not made up, they are real. The confusion is with reality as a raw product, and reality edited for popular consumption: the films we see, the books we read, the newspapers and magazines, the txt messages, these posts, are all edited -we do it consciously as part of the joy of writing, just as we edit out from texts those parts we don't want to say; just as news programmes do not show you the raw footage of the aftermath of a suicide bombing; and just as Lurkers edit the truth of who they are and what they look like. Editing is the pause button, the scissors and paste tool, the interpellation of desire and restraint -or excess, the signature of anxiety. It is what enables us to craft what it is that we want to say. Humankind cannot bear much reality, which is why we edit and txt...and lurk...
    That was fucking profound (and I'm not being facetious). I never put too much thought in it, but it's true what you say.

One aspect about reality TV, which is always on my mind, is the cameramen. Obviously they have to sign a confidentiality agreement, but they also have to support all the shit they're filming, whether it's the Kardashians (murder must come to mind to most of them) or Deadliest Catch (you know it smells like fish on those boats) or Man vs Wild (filming under extreme weather conditions). I'm sure many of them are like, "Dude, I graduated film school for this!?!?!"

I'd like to see a reality show based on the camera guys filming a reality show. That would be awesome!!!!