Page 174 of 459 FirstFirst ... 74124164169170171172173174175176177178179184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 4581
    Professional Poster runningdownthatdream's Avatar

Default Re: What is The Last Movie You Watched?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Sherlock Holmes...noisy and nasty and no match for the original, as written by Conan Doyle. But I have to admit to liking Robert Downey Jr, there is something demonic about him, something strange and exciting, which is why he unsuited to the role of Holmes, and should probably be a villain.

Good call - he should have been Moriarty. Whoever the pudding was that DID play Moriarty was terrible.

"Act of Valor"

Avengers was my last and I really enjoyed it. Tomorrow I plan to see Prometheus. I have a thing for the original Alien movie (in fact half of my left arm is taken up by a tattoo of the chestburster from that movie). I know this isn't strictly an Alien prequel but I'm looking forward to it anyway.

Man on a Ledge
    Star Trek
    Chronicle

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Pennies From Heaven - with Steve Martin. Great though not as good as the original BBC TV series.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

The Grey.
    Meh...Had it's moments.

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Senior Member Platinum Poster

MalcolmX -A Spike Lee Joint. There are joints and there are Spike Lee films (some of them are even worth watching, Inside Man, for example is a good film but obviously suffers from the rank incompetence of Denzel Washington). On this occasion the effect is flat or even down, rather than high. Poor script, poor concept, poor acting; historically inacurrate, biographically untrue, intellectually superficial, the film goes on too long in an attempt to give the 'epic' treatment to a controversial figure. Where the use of music at times is appropriate to the time and place, in some scenes -notbaly interiors with Malcolm and his wife or close associates, their conversation is drowned in anodyne music that sounds like a cross-between Aaron Copland and Stephen Sondheim.
    The dvd was deleted when I read Manning Marable's outstanding biography of Malcolm; this is a new two-set re-issue with extras -unfortunately including a 1972 documentary with a lot of footage of the real Malcolm, a world away from the wooden, almost lifeless pseudo-acting of Denzel Washington -and if that aint a 'slave name' I don't know what is!!).

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Quatermass and the Pit - the 1950s TV series (okay not technically a movie) written by Nigel Kneale and shown the BBC. Look past the wooden acting, the wooden acting and the sets and it is actually a very interesting experiment in TV drama. It is possible to see why it was such a sensation when first shown in 1958 - with people talking about never having seen so scared by anything on TV and viewers hurrying home from the pub of wherever to catch it.

Super

Wow! Look at my cat avatar!

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    Quatermass and the Pit - the 1950s TV series (okay not technically a movie) written by Nigel Kneale and shown the BBC. Look past the wooden acting, the wooden acting and the sets and it is actually a very interesting experiment in TV drama. It is possible to see why it was such a sensation when first shown in 1958 - with people talking about never having seen so scared by anything on TV and viewers hurrying home from the pub of wherever to catch it.

I saw this a couple of years ago.
    I thought there were a couple of episodes missing from that series. Have they found the lost ones, are am i bolloxing on about something else?

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!