Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Senior Member Silver Poster EvaCassini's Avatar

Default Re: John Hurt as The Doctor!!! :D

Agreed, that is my speculation too. that Hurt is the true 9th...the "fallen"...moreover, I take that speculation over the Valeyard, because the Doctor specifically identified him to have done something horrible ( i.e. Time Lock among being a hardened warrior ). That's why he reconciled and re-birthed the name The Doctor to "fix"/"mend" his previous "mistakes". Eccleston and on, decided this, so that he could try to balance his nature to become a better person, because he knows he is better than "that" ( meaning the fallen )

Rookie Poster

This could also explain the haunted nature of Ecclestone and Tennant's Doctors: they were haunted not just by the horrors of war and sacrificing the Time Lords to defeat the Daleks but by the guilt and shame of what they had to do as Hurt...the end of the finale hints that the post-Hurt Doctors understand what he did ("I had no choice, what I did I did for peace and sanity", "I know...but not in the name of the Doctor") but can't accept it. Perhaps reconciliation may bring Hurt in as an official Doctor (as Smith is now the twelfth incarnation but still the eleventh doctor as Hurt became something else...)

queer slut Junior Poster

Eh, but Nine and Ten already admitted to eliminating the daleks and sealing away the Time Lords, and all the ptsd that came after. I don't see now how an 8.5 adds anything new. I'm just personally over the Time War and want it to be something different. It's not much of a 50th anniversary celebration if it's only focused on 8.5-Eleven.

then don't watch it hahaha....but a finely wrote story of the Time War in TV form should be promising. As of yet, we don't see much of Gallifrey and the Time War and Davros/Skaro/Dalek origin...so i believe they can make it into a great story with great epic battle scenes from the Time War, seeing the Eye of Harmony, the Death Lands, Rassilon gain power, the Dark Times, Fall of Arcadia, the Skaro Degradations, the Horde of Travesties, the Nightmare Child, the Could-Have-Been King with his army of Meanwhiles and Never-Weres" constituting particularly disturbing developments.

Music is too cool:

Ohhh...the 80's hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by EvaCassini View Post
    Ohhh...the 80's hahaha
    Eva, all themes from the 80s were, well, cool.... Knight Rider, Dr. Who... Dukes of Hazzard...

Doctor Who - Full Length 1987-89 Theme:

And them Daisy Dukes... Catherine Bach and Jessica Simpson... yee-haw -- ha, ha!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ss-101029-celeb-jeans-03.ss_full.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	582749  

queer slut Junior Poster

I just don't think see what happened during the Time War would live up to how it's been mentioned so far. It seems way too "big." I'm highly doubtful they would put that together as a whole, but could show some flashbacks here and there. I like the idea of Zero better. I just think it's a little short sighted to have the 50th anniversary and focus only on this era of Who. Though it would be nice to see Eight again.

true, just being reminiscent...but i don't like Jessica Simpson nor her version of Daisy, or any role she plays in...she is poop in my book

ok but.......the whole Doctor Zero thing is anonymous.There is really nothing we can do to make a story except make something up really.