Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Senior Member Professional Poster

Default Re: Star Trek Into Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Sulka_bewitched_me View Post
    Hmm..... I wonder if there's a correlation between being a Star Trek fan/Sci-Fi geek and having a sexual attraction to TG/TS/Ladyboys?
    I don't know but Kirk is rumored to fuck anything .

Sammi Valentine's Personal Fat Bastard & Self Appointed Teddy Bear Of Tatiana Summer & Evon Rose's Date To The 4th Annual Tranny Awards .... I Hope .

Quote Originally Posted by notdrunk View Post
    Yes, Starfleet is the Space Navy; however, there has been a balance when it came to their ships. Starfleet rarely built a ship that was meant for war before a war has began. For example, the Akira class and Saber class first appeared during the Dominion War. A Federation Dreadnought Class ship was only mentioned in books (non-canon) and alternate realities were the Federation was at war. Starfleet has been reactionary more so than proactive when it comes to war. In this alternative reality, Starfleet has been proactive in ways to defend itself. Starfleet has been focused on the military aspect of their mission more so their exploration aspect. In the original timeline, Kirk wasn't the first Captain to start and complete a five year mission. There were at least two Captains that finished a five year mission before Kirk took command of the Enterprise.
    Ohhhhh ..... that is 10 more years of secret data to exploit for it's future military potential .

On The Big Bang Theory episode that is on at the moment Will Wheaton is on and Sheldon told him in Kling that Revenge is a dish served best cold . Like he really knows how to do it . In order to speak true Kling you must spit . There is no other way . True Klingon is a Spitfest .

Sammi Valentine's Personal Fat Bastard & Self Appointed Teddy Bear Of Tatiana Summer & Evon Rose's Date To The 4th Annual Tranny Awards .... I Hope .

Member Rookie Poster volkov2006's Avatar

1.) Agreed
    2.) Agreed that it doesn't make sense
    3.) Agreed that it is impossible. It was supposed to be "cool" scenes.
    4.) Remember, Starfleet changed since the USS Kelvin was blown up by a powerful ship. Starfleet has become more militaristic.
    5.) Something similar happened on Enterprise with Tucker and T'Pol. So, there is some leeway on this matter.
    6.) Section 31 did deep space scans of unknown space to find the ship. Starfleet's technology jumped ahead because the USS Kelvin performed scans of the Narada.
    7.) USS Enterprise was probably refitted after the Narada battle. Again, Starfleet has become slighty more militaristic.
    8.) Remember Star Trek? Spock told Scott how to do transwrap transportation and Scott used it to beam onto a ship with Kirk. Apparently, Scott told Starfleet about the technology; however, Starfleet made it top secret.
    11.) Praxis was fan service. And, it was a moon of Qo'nos.
    13.) Khan went crazy like he did in the Wrath of Khan. He was cracking skulls with his hands.
    15.) Section 31 has always been messy. In Deep Space Nine, they tried to examinate a species through biological warfare.
    21.) Admiral Marcus, the bad guy, wanted him dead because he would of exposed his secrets if captured.
    22.) The timeline was changed; therefore, there is a chance that attitudes changed too.
    24.) Fan service and to show that this is an alternate universe.
    25.) Some time passed since he got a blood transfusion before he started the 5 year mission. Maybe he was cleared during that time? Additionally, Bashir was allowed to serve in Starfleet.
    26.) Which ships used pulse cannons?
    28.) McCoy isn't a math professor!
    1: Okay
    2: Okay
    3: Okay
    4: Starfleet has lost many ships throughout its history, from the Klingons, Romulans, Gorn, and possibly the Tholians, all of those shios would have been built for combat and yet Starfleet still did not change its doctrine.
    5: Yes but they were the only ship out there at the time, this Enterprise is not. Also it did not affect their duties, only their personal lives.
    6: Okay I could give you that but Section 31 is a well oiled machine that would have probably started using "Khan" on another planet and not Earth. Section 31 is not that stupid.
    7: See answer #4.
    8: Yes I know, but Scotty from the prime timeline developed this "transwarp" transporters, Starfleet did not have transwarp at the time of Nemesis how would Scotty have the tech?
    11: I understand that but in the movie the to planetoids are literally touching that is physically impossible.
    13: But Khan did not go crazy in TWOK he was angry and pissed off, but he did not freak out and cave peoples heads in. He was passionate about killing Kirk, he was not a psychopath.
    15: When I say messy I don't mean how far they will go I mean how sloppy of a job they did they have been established since the founding of the Federation and have remained in secret for 200 years, they are not stupid.
    21: If he was working with Section 31 or is the director of Section 31 he went about killing Kirk very badly he could have destroyed Kirk even when he was back on Earth, whether Kirk had that recording or not. Marcus could just sight his record and Kirks record and let the people decide for themselves.
    22: Yes things can change but not always. For me I use my own experience of how feelings can change. In 2003 when we invaded Iraq I being in 8th grade and 15 years old, I was completely and utterly against the invasion and know that they had nothing to do with 9/11 or had WMDs, as did a lot of people. Even after soldiers started to die a lot of people changed their stance on the war at that point and supported it, I held my ground no matter how many soldiers were dieing or what any one said, I was passionate, and nothing could change my feelings about it. And I have to believe that if this was a new time line that is at the most only 30 years separate things have not changed that much and I would still be who and what I am.
    24: Yes but "Khan" had nothing to do with it if anything it would have been Marcus who was more responsible. In TWOK Khan was personally involved in this and it was his doing that stranded Kirk. Also unlike in TWOK Kirk yelling Khan was very good acting and showed his frustration and hatred. "Spock"s hatred was miss directed, and the acting was horrible and the whole scene seemed forced. "Kirk" did not even have any signs of radiation sickness unlike Spock in TWOK.
    25: Okay yes sometime but they do not convey that in the movie. Bashir was only allowed to enter because he hid it, and was only allowed to stay after they worked out a deal for his father to go to jail. And only after he had a good service record and had proved himself. "Kirk" on the other hand does not have a good service record.
    26: Both the Enterprise and Marcus' ship used pulse phasers, and in the first movie the Kelvin had pulse phasers, and the Kelvin had them before the timeline changed explain that.
    28: McKoy does not say that "Khan" said that to "Kirk"

Last edited by volkov2006; 05-20-2013 at 07:19 PM.

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by volkov2006 View Post
    24: Yes but "Khan" had nothing to do with it if anything it would have been Marcus who was more responsible. In TWOK Khan was personally involved in this and it was his doing that stranded Kirk. Also unlike in TWOK Kirk yelling Khan was very good acting and showed his frustration and hatred. "Spock"s hatred was miss directed, and the acting was horrible and the whole scene seemed forced. "Kirk" did not even have any signs of radiation sickness unlike Spock in TWOK.
    This is my biggest gripe with this movie. This scene ruined my entire viewing experience.

25: Okay yes sometime but they do not convey that in the movie. Bashir was only allowed to enter because he hid it, and was only allowed to stay after they worked out a deal for his father to go to jail. And only after he had a good service record and had proved himself. "Kirk" on the other hand does not have a good service record.
    That's arguable. On the surface, Kirk is a terrible officer and entirely insubordinate. In the original timeline, he didn't get that way until he had become a good officer and saved the world a few times. I understand that the reboot changed the characters, but his youth and impulsiveness should have barred him from commanding a ship until AFTER he was was a crew member. I find it interesting that Starfleet gave Kirk a ship for beating Nero even though he wasn't ready, threatened to send him all the way back to the Academy for violating the Prime Directive (versus the more appropriate demotion to Commander), and after he saves the world, again by ignoring orders, they send him on a 5 year mission as what is essentially am ambassador of the Federation. He's waaay too young for that.

Say whaaaa?!

26: Both the Enterprise and Marcus' ship used pulse phasers, and in the first movie the Kelvin had pulse phasers, and the Kelvin had them before the timeline changed explain that.
    True, but the Star Wars-esque effect didn't belong in that movie, either.

~BB~

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

1: Okay
    2: Okay
    3: Okay
    4: Starfleet has lost many ships throughout its history, from the Klingons, Romulans, Gorn, and possibly the Tholians, all of those shios would have been built for combat and yet Starfleet still did not change its doctrine.
    5: Yes but they were the only ship out there at the time, this Enterprise is not. Also it did not affect their duties, only their personal lives.
    6: Okay I could give you that but Section 31 is a well oiled machine that would have probably started using "Khan" on another planet and not Earth. Section 31 is not that stupid.
    7: See answer #4.
    8: Yes I know, but Scotty from the prime timeline developed this "transwarp" transporters, Starfleet did not have transwarp at the time of Nemesis how would Scotty have the tech?
    11: I understand that but in the movie the to planetoids are literally touching that is physically impossible.
    13: But Khan did not go crazy in TWOK he was angry and pissed off, but he did not freak out and cave peoples heads in. He was passionate about killing Kirk, he was not a psychopath.
    15: When I say messy I don't mean how far they will go I mean how sloppy of a job they did they have been established since the founding of the Federation and have remained in secret for 200 years, they are not stupid.
    21: If he was working with Section 31 or is the director of Section 31 he went about killing Kirk very badly he could have destroyed Kirk even when he was back on Earth, whether Kirk had that recording or not. Marcus could just sight his record and Kirks record and let the people decide for themselves.
    22: Yes things can change but not always. For me I use my own experience of how feelings can change. In 2003 when we invaded Iraq I being in 8th grade and 15 years old, I was completely and utterly against the invasion and know that they had nothing to do with 9/11 or had WMDs, as did a lot of people. Even after soldiers started to die a lot of people changed their stance on the war at that point and supported it, I held my ground no matter how many soldiers were dieing or what any one said, I was passionate, and nothing could change my feelings about it. And I have to believe that if this was a new time line that is at the most only 30 years separate things have not changed that much and I would still be who and what I am.
    28: McKoy does not say that "Khan" said that to "Kirk"
    4.) True; however, Starfleet almost had technological plurality with those people except the Borg. Starfleet could equally destroy Klingons, Romulans, and the Gorn with their ships. Starfleet reacted to the Borg by designing the Defiant Class. When the USS Kelvin was destroyed by an unknown powerful ship, it was a different era of Starfleet. They weren't the powerful Starfleet that explored vast areas of space.
    8.) According to prime Spock and Scotty, the problem with transwarp transporting was the equation. It wasn't a technological issue.
    13.) In TWOK, Khan did have psychopath tendencies. For example, the majority of Genesis Project team was murdered by Khan and his group.
    21.) It wouldn't of fit Marcus' narrative. Marcus wanted war with the Klingons. The destruction of the Enterprise by the Klingons was going to be the casus belli. Marcus thought Kirk would of murdered Khan to revenge the death of Pike.
    25.) Kirk saved Earth from destruction. So, I think that looks good in his file.
    26.) I thought they were phaser banks the emitted bolts instead of a stream? An USS Kelvin officer flew into a phaser bank.

8: Transporting from London to Qo'noS, really why have starship then? To have transwarp transporting you first must understand transwarp technology. Last I looked Starfleet did not have transwarp capabilities, only the Borg did, and Starfleet does not use Borg tech.
    As I understand it, transwarp transportation was suggested by Scotty as a means of travelling to an adjacent planet or between ships travelling at warp speed, not as a replacement for starships allowing transporter use from one star system to another hundreds of parsecs distant (see http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Transwarp_beaming). That level of teleportation is what you'd expect of Q, not of Starfleet.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

4.) True; however, Starfleet almost had technological plurality with those people except the Borg. Starfleet could equally destroy Klingons, Romulans, and the Gorn with their ships. Starfleet reacted to the Borg by designing the Defiant Class. When the USS Kelvin was destroyed by an unknown powerful ship, it was a different era of Starfleet. They weren't the powerful Starfleet that explored vast areas of space.
    8.) According to prime Spock and Scotty, the problem with transwarp transporting was the equation. It wasn't a technological issue.
    13.) In TWOK, Khan did have psychopath tendencies. For example, the majority of Genesis Project team was murdered by Khan and his group.
    21.) It wouldn't of fit Marcus' narrative. Marcus wanted war with the Klingons. The destruction of the Enterprise by the Klingons was going to be the casus belli. Marcus thought Kirk would of murdered Khan to revenge the death of Pike.
    25.) Kirk saved Earth from destruction. So, I think that looks good in his file.
    26.) I thought they were phaser banks the emitted bolts instead of a stream? An USS Kelvin officer flew into a phaser bank.
    4: True the developed the Defiant Class after the Battle of Wolf 359, they also developed the Akira, Norway, Saber, Steamrunner, Nova, and Prometheus Classes, also not all of those were designed for combat. Also it was in response to 39 Starfleet vessels, an unknown number of Klingon vessels, and the possibility of an unknown number of Romulan vessels, as well as Romulan outposts. This was just one ship and they throw everything out the airlock for one starship being lost. Also the last thing these shuttles would have seen of this ship was it listing and disabled, so would there report not reflect that. So the though of Starfleet Command would just keep a task force of starships at the ready for a conflict with this ship again. Also the Defiant Class was designed to supplement other non combat oriented ships like the Galaxy or the Excelsior classes, not to be a all out destroy all ship, that this Enterprise became.
    8: But if it is just a formula problem and not a technological problem why is transwarp so hard then too, transwarp transporting and transwarp seems to be very closely related I just don't think you can have one with out the other.
    13: They also said that he killed them during interrogation the people that this "Khan" killed was just to kill them. Also Khan usually does not kill unless it gets him something and not just to do it, if he wanted to just kill why did he not kill every one in Space Seed, in fact he stopped his crew from doing just that.
    21: But a large contingent of Klingons were just killed with a Federation phaser rifle, the Klingons would have attacked anyway. I am sure that at least one of those ships must have reported they were under attack from a Human, and Klingons believe all humans are from Starfleet.
    25: That is one thing in a sea of bad marks, if someone is a soldier who commits a murder and rape do you still consider them a hero? Or if someone who murdered a person, stole a car, and kidnapped someone and then pulled a person from a burning building would they still be a hero?
    26: The Kelvin had phaser beam(the Red ones) it also had pulse phasers( the blue ones) The Enterprise was firing pulse phasers they left the emitters and continued to the target, beam phasers would nore than likely since that is what is shown would have been emitted and continue to the target essentially connecting both ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    As I understand it, transwarp transportation was suggested by Scotty as a means of travelling to an adjacent planet or between ships travelling at warp speed, not as a replacement for starships allowing transporter use from one star system to another hundreds of parsecs distant (see http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Transwarp_beaming). That level of teleportation is what you'd expect of Q, not of Starfleet.
    True and I would have no problem if he transported to a ship or the moon(Luna) but to transport from London to Qo'noS seems a little stretch. I just think it is a little to much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Rhodes View Post
    STARFLEET is militaristic . It always has been . It is not only Research & Explorative, it is a PEACEKEEPING service . It may be more defensive than offensive, but in the end there is little difference when the shit hits the fan . STARFLEET is a Naval Service . It has FLEET in it's name . It's ranks are Naval . Not only do Navies have Military Duties, they have Exploration, Research & Scientific ones aswell . Even the smallest Navies on Earth have a Oceanographic Survey or Research Vessel of some type .

When the United States Military finally gets into Space it will be the Navy, not the Air Force that is charge . As far as Land/Planetary Forces are concerned, they will again fall under the Navy by way of the Marines . Space/Planetary Fighters, Bombers, Small Craft etc will fail under Naval Aviation with a Marine Section aswell . Any Space Force that is created afterward will be nothing more than an offshoot branch/service off the Navy .

STARFLEET has a Marine Corps . Kirk mentioned them before the Away Team went down to Kronos . STARFLEET International, the Largest Star Trek Fan Club ( Officially Licensed and recognized by Paramount and the Roddenberry Estate ) has a separate branch called the STARFLEET Marine Corps. / SFMC . They have been around for 3 decades . They use Civil Air Patrol Ribbon Medals for their Fruit Salad . CAP doesn't like it to much but they can't do anything about it . SFMC members make no qualms about being a Military Group .

There were some fans that I know that were considering making a custom colored TNG/DS9 uniform . They were going to be STARFLEET Research & Development . That was just their cover . They were actually going to STARFLEET Intelligence . You don't think that the TOS 5 year mission was for Kirk to fuck every female alien he came into contact with ? The data they collected had to go somewhere . Remember the Genesis Planet ? In ST3 McCoy was asking questions about it and as a result was making certain people very concerned . Who were those people ? It is not hard to figure out .

As far Missile Tubes go, who saw TUSC/ST6 ?

Bat'lith .... I d on't remember seeing one and I was looking . Then again I have a costume made one myself . Mine is awesome and it gets a lot of attention ....... lmao
    Sorry for the triple post

In ST3 the person at eh bar was Starfleet Intelligence not Section 31 they are completely different entities.

In ST6 they were in the torpedo tube that was in the neck of the ship these missile tubes were along the engineering section hull.

Saying that Starfleet is a peacekeeping group is like saying that the US is the world police although a lot of people want to think that but we are not.

The Klingons were using Bat'liths they were just redesigned and looked horrible, as far as I know they have no other weapons that look anything like the bat'lith.

We are talking about Star Trek the TV series and movies not what the fans do even if they are Officially Licensed and recognized by Paramount and the Roddenberry Estate does not mean anything. As a fan I could do things an be recognized by them and not every fan will, does that mean that it is canon?

Sorry for the triple post

In ST3 the person at eh bar was Starfleet Intelligence not Section 31 they are completely different entities.

In ST6 they were in the torpedo tube that was in the neck of the ship these missile tubes were along the engineering section hull.

Saying that Starfleet is a peacekeeping group is like saying that the US is the world police although a lot of people want to think that but we are not.

The Klingons were using Bat'liths they were just redesigned and looked horrible, as far as I know they have no other weapons that look anything like the bat'lith.

We are talking about Star Trek the TV series and movies not what the fans do even if they are Officially Licensed and recognized by Paramount and the Roddenberry Estate does not mean anything. As a fan I could do things an be recognized by them and not every fan will, does that mean that it is canon?
    I wasn't referring to Section 13 directly, but I was speaking about SF Intel regardless .I didn't even know about Section 31until this movie .

I was looking for something on bing re: Trek last night and came across a custom Section 31 uniform . It turned out to similar to the one I mentioned someone came up with in 1994 .