23 38.33%
  • Dogs! Woof!

25 41.67%
  • Both! Nyoof!

12 20.00%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cats or dogs?

Rookie Poster

I like them both very much. For most of my life I've had at least one dog and at least two cats. They are different enough that they really serve different purposes around the home.

Platinum Poster

What's with you cat lovers, anyway?

Cats In The Belfry

Man sues cops over seizure of 114 frozen felines, dog named Snowy

JANUARY 5--A Tennessee man who kept 114 dead cats and a dead German Shepherd named Snowy in three freezers is suing police for seizing and destroying the frosty animal carcasses, which, he claims, had "emotional value" to him and were destined for a pet cemetery he was building. William Davis wants $1.5 million from the Murfreesboro Police Department and other defendants, according to a complaint filed last week in Rutherford County Chancery Court. A copy of the lawsuit can be found below. According to the 75-year-old Davis, police and animal control officers raided his home twice in December 2003 and took the frozen animals, along with 46 cats, one dog, and assorted "wild game meat." Included among the cats removed from his home and later euthanized, Davis charges, were Pixie Bob, Miss Patchwork, and Big Duke. The searches resulted in animal cruelty charges being leveled against Davis since conditions in his two residences were deplorable. A veterinarian estimated that carpeting had a half-inch layer of animal feces ground into it and that the stench was so overwhelming it was hard to breathe through your nose without gagging (Davis pleaded guilty to a single animal cruelty count and was placed on a year's probation). The Davis lawsuit, which was, amazingly, not filed pro se, notes that he was keeping one of the frozen cats so that he could submit the animal to the Guinness Book of World Records. The lawsuit reveals that the cat was exceedingly large at birth. Davis contends that he has suffered "emotional pain and suffering" as a result of the government seizures. (5 pages)

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...5073cats1.html

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Gold Poster

I believe psychologists label that Pet Hoarding, Chef. It's some sort of neurosis.

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein

Platinum Poster

And what about the sheep lover?

Fire Chief Caught On The Lamb

Arizona man, 52, found with pants down in neighbor's barn

MARCH 7--If our mail is any indication, many of you are very interested in the case of the Arizona man who was arrested this weekend after being found in a neighbor's barn with his pants down and a gray lamb at his side. Leroy Johnson, a deputy chief with the Mesa Fire Department, was nabbed shortly after the neighbor's teenage daughter watched him drag the animal into the family barn Saturday afternoon. When later confronted, the 52-year-old Johnson, who apparently had been drinking, told the neighbor (who has the improbable name of Alan Goats), "You caught me Alan, I tried to fuck your sheep." We'll let you explore all the gory details yourself, via a (too) detailed Maricopa County Sheriff's Office report. Johnson, seen at right in a booking photo, was charged with trespassing, disorderly conduct, and public sexual indecency. Along with releasing its report on the incident, the sheriff's office provided TSG with evidence photos of the poor lamb--who is pictured below--and the alleged scene of the crime. We'll excuse ourselves now. We have to shower. (8 pages)

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0307062sheep1.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the_innocent_victim_209.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	182.2 KB 
ID:	75206  

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Gold Poster

Wait!

Wait!

Wait!

Um, was it a female of male sheep?

Junior Poster

dogs

i got an albino cross between a jack russell and a staffordshire bull terrier, and when two of the worst breeds combine, it turns out to be one of the nicest dogs to humans ever!

he has killed a few birds (my budgie once!) and a rat before, but is a lovely dog

always wanted a cat, but found out i was allergic too them at times

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Chica
    i got an albino cross between a jack russell and a staffordshire bull terrier
    I doth think we need to see a pic of said Beast.

Default Re: Cats or dogs?

Cats....

Cats of course.

Henry told me to say that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Henry 41.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	678751  

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Gold Poster

I think cats are awful creatures. Dogs may be a bit dumb and needy but at least they have a soul.

*preparing for barrage from cat lovers.