View Poll Results: Do you believe aliens exist and visit our earth?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i believe aliens exist and visit earth. I believe UFOs and USOs exist.

19 73.08%
  • I don't even if astronauts, pilots and ex-NASA officials say they do.

7 26.92%
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Default Re: Do you believe aliens exist and visit our planet Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia Babe Ailhad View Post

If you think he was talking about neuroscience,..
    Well if you think that I said he was talking about neuroscience (after I explained my point very carefully), then you win the prize for the dumbest dipshit on the internet. I said he was using a well worn, popular metaphor.

I think it's all part of the alien disclosure that is coming soon to a TV set near you. Stay tuned. That's what i think. I am allowed to have an opinion, right?
    Yes, but if you have it out loud, then others have the right to judge your opinion.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Veteran Poster Dahlia Babe Ailhad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    you win the prize for the dumbest dipshit on the internet.

"I just wish you'd shut the fuck up for a bit. You're a bit too self-important." - GroobySteven

"You are, indeed, the dumbest dipshit on the internet." - trish

"I can't stand Dahlia Babe Ailhad, I want to reach into my screen and grab the DBA by (its) neck and just squeeze tightly until it stops kicking." - AshlynCreamher

"You have been banned for the following reason:
    Derailing threads and absolutely irritation self promotion. Grow up." - HungAngels moderator

Surely not, take Mariah Carey

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff."

They care .....

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Avatar is not representative of the available product - contents may differ

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia Babe Ailhad View Post
    ...BINGO!! You WIN the prize!!
    Face it! Without a teleprompter, who knows what he is capable of "blurting" out.

If you think he was talking about neuroscience, then you give him far too much credit. I doubt he knows anything about neuroscience to say something like that off the cuff. ...
    To get some reading on how popular the reptilian brain metaphor is (as a stand in for our baser instincts), you might try using Google Ngram.

https://books.google.com/ngrams

“When you enter phrases into the Google Books Ngram Viewer, it displays a graph showing how those phrases have occurred in a corpus of books (e.g., "British English", "English Fiction", "French") over the selected years.”

I typed in “reptile brain” and “base instincts” and got the graph below. The phrases track each other, as if they’ve been somehow tied to each since about 1860 (when biologists first started communicating with each about homologous anatomical features and their evolutionary functions). But the correlation between the two phrases doesn’t really establish itself until somewhere around 1960 (which is when Paul MacLean called attention to the speculative psychological functions of the triune brain). The popular use of both phrases peaked almost together in the early 1980s (Carl Sagan popularized the triune brain and its reptilian component in his 1977 book The Dragons of Eden, which came out in paperback a few years later). By the late 1990s the usages plateau but are still prevalent, indicating that the reptile brain had by then become a worn, yet common metaphor for our baser instincts. (MacLean wrote a popular book on the triune brain, but it the idea was too tired to really take off again).

Clearly, you don’t need to know neuroscience or even be talking about neuroscience to use the reptilian brain metaphor. You might be talking about marketing ( )

The President was quite clearly using the reptilian brain metaphor in its tired old standard American English form. But to insinuate he is incapable of talking without a teleprompter or about neuroscience or any of a number of complex topics is insulting (something you said you didn't do). You give, and you shall receive in kind.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reptile brain vs base instincts.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	802828  

Last edited by trish; 02-26-2015 at 09:42 PM.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Professional Poster AshlynCreamher's Avatar

Ancient Aliens Created 13 Crystal Skulls

The crystal skulls are human skull hardstone carvings made of clear or milky white quartz, known in art history as "rock crystal", claimed to be pre-Columbian Mesoamerican artifacts by their alleged finders; however, none of the specimens made available for scientific study have been authenticated as pre-Columbian in origin.

Paranormal claims and spiritual associations
    Some believers in the paranormal claim that crystal skulls can produce a variety of miracles. Anna Mitchell-Hedges claimed that the skull she allegedly discovered could cause visions, cure cancer, that she once used its magical properties to kill a man, and that in another instance, she saw in it a premonition of the John F. Kennedy assassination.

Ancient wisdom
    All 13 crystal skulls said to have come into the possession of the Mayan people, one of the ancient world's most sophisticated and mysterious races before their civilisation crumbled more than 1,000 years ago.

They were supposedly lost for many centuries in the jungles and oceans of Central America but legend has it that they contain ancient wisdom vital for the survival of mankind. They were also thought to contain answers to some of the greatest mysteries of the universe.

According to Mayan teachings, all 13 skulls would be rediscovered one day and brought together for their wisdom to be made available.

Gold Poster

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...e-critics.html

I am reminded of the allusion to the reptilian brain in a letter Einstein wrote to Marie Curie describing her critics. He called her critics reptiles...probably an early allusion to the fact that reptiles are not viewed as the most reflective of animals.

President Obama seems to do pretty well in nationally televised debates without a teleprompter. Out of six debates with McCain and Romney, he was believed by a majority of viewers to have won five of them.

Last edited by broncofan; 02-27-2015 at 12:36 AM.

lol...damn ,
    I remember when I was a kid, magazines and newspapers, like The National Enquirer did articles on the skulls, claiming they were from the lost civilization of Atlantis. Skeptic magazine did an article or two on them (I LOVE that magazine...they now have an app and you can buy it for your tablet from Amazon. I did just that-the newest issue is on 'food myths'...but it could get a bit pricey if you were to buy all the back issues too, though I will probably do that...at a snails pace [I read slooowwww]...) debunking all the myths about the skulls. You can just check Wiki...the skulls are dated to the 19th century...probably Germany, including Anna Mitchell-Hedges' skull (the crystal one, not her own).

But the Batchild...he's real and he's alien.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by fred41; 02-27-2015 at 01:11 AM. Reason: fixing or trying to fix my awful grammar

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

I want to believe, but...
    Why do they always abduct rednecks from Buttfuck, Nowhere?

Time to own up, Billybob, dyeing your mullet green and fucking your cousin in the arse when he's drunk is taking the joke TOO FUCKING FAR!

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Senior Member Veteran Poster Dahlia Babe Ailhad's Avatar

Angry R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy (Mr Spock)

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy (Mr Spock)

"I just wish you'd shut the fuck up for a bit. You're a bit too self-important." - GroobySteven

"You are, indeed, the dumbest dipshit on the internet." - trish

"I can't stand Dahlia Babe Ailhad, I want to reach into my screen and grab the DBA by (its) neck and just squeeze tightly until it stops kicking." - AshlynCreamher

"You have been banned for the following reason:
    Derailing threads and absolutely irritation self promotion. Grow up." - HungAngels moderator

Brooklyn CD ladyboy Veteran Poster CD_Sasha's Avatar

It's sunny outside..maybe with some luck, we can spot a UFO or even a unicorn.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1