Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Default The Argument for a Black/Ethnic Performer Category at the Transgender Erotica Awards.

We used to have a specific Black Performer Award. Up until 2014, Black-Tgirls.com (a Grooby website) sponsored it’s own ‘Model of the Year’, the same way Kink, Shemale Strokers, Bobs-Tgirls etc. always have done.
    We combined the ShemaleYum and Black-Tgirls Models of the Year into one fan voted, GroobyGirls Model of the Year for the last two years, mainly because it was hard to get enough people to participate in the voting process. And that’s where we are now.
    We’re looking at having a ‘Best Black/Ethnic Performer of the Year’ category at the TEA’s. There are argument for and against it, which is why we want to hear your views.
    For;

• most of the fans of ebony models do not seem to use social media as much – or do not vote. Yet the models are there and the fans are there as we know from our sites.
    • we would be more inclusive of more models.
    • nominated models in a Black/Ethnic category are still eligible to be nominated in all other categories.
    • we are celebrating diversity.

Against;

• is it more inclusive, or does it create another issue by having exclusive categories?
    • are there enough models/performers working regularly to fill a whole category?
    • do we alienate or cause offence to anyone not wanting to be in a different category?

We look forward to hearing from you either on Twitter: @TGEroticaAwards, Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TGEroticaAwards/ or via email at admin@grooby.com or in reply here

4 out of 4 members liked this post.

Verified account Silver Poster Ben in LA's Avatar

Default Re: The Argument for a Black/Ethnic Performer Category at the Transgender Erotica Awa

Keep it the way it is.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Default Re: The Argument for a Black/Ethnic Performer Category at the Transgender Erotica Awa

yes I remember that moment

Senior Member Veteran Poster Lester316's Avatar

Personally I think keep it as it is unless you would be willing to dilute each category and have several subsets and risk the problem of alienating those that don't want to be in a different category. I can see the argument for a Black/Ethnic category but what else should there possibly be if that were the case and how far do you go in defining differences (ie: South American all the way to say Brazilian, or Asian all the way Thai or Japanese for examples).

Celebrating differences is all good but there is a fine line between that and being too exclusive. Let's stick to the most important thing celebrating what the performers all have in common - that they are all unique and amazing in their own ways.

Before I came here I was confused about this subject. Having listened to your lecture I am still confused. But on a higher level. Enrico Fermi

I confused things with their names: that is belief. Jean-Paul Sartre

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ben in LA View Post
    Keep it the way it is.
    Ditto.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

I don't think you want the headaches that are going to come from creating the category. I say keep it the way it is.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Cool Veteran Poster CoolAwesomeBXDude's Avatar

keep it the way it is

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Rookie Poster

merge them - you know its the right thing to do.

its basically segregation or separate but equal. its saying like the black performers aren't good enough to compete with the white chicks.

Silver Poster

I have to argue the opposite from my boys Cool Awesome and Ben.

i work with a number of girls of color and they don't get the exposure that other girls get. Where you might have say Honey nominated in the general category, having an additional category gives five or six girls not only exposure but gives them the support of having other girls there.

I have not heard this being a big issue at the past few awards shows but more diversity is a good thing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2242.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	1035262  

I've neverdone good things
    I've never done bad things
    I've never done anything out of the blue

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Leave it as is - otherwise, then the following is needed:

-Asian
    -Native American
    -Bollywood Indian

Etcetera....etcetera....etcetera....

"I am, a SIGMA Male...