Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    filghy2 Silver Poster

Default Re: Trannies for Trump

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBad View Post
    How about the Cubans that locked down Florida for Trump? About 40% of Hispanic males voted for him nationwide.

Some people are tired of high taxes and want more economic liberty.

People that own property, work and pay more than nominal taxes elected Trump. Those who want to be, or who are the recipients of the taxpayer's money i.e. ebt, ssdi, section 8 voted for the Bern or Hillary.
    Another one who has trouble with facts. 32% of Latino males voted for Trump according to the link your fellow traveller helpfully provided. The same link shows that Trump had only a 1% majority among people earning $50k or more, which hardly supports your simplistic argument.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Terribly Mysterious Veteran Poster Nick Danger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Nick this is the kind of indifference that enables changes to the law to pass without protest.

The key point about Project Blitz is that it reveals a co-ordinated campaign across States to use State law to make the changes to the law that the Federal Government will not, or cannot. It probably means nothing to you if 'In God We Trust' is plastered on every public building and police car, but don't Atheist Americans, or Americans who value the Constitutional separation of religion and politics have rights their legislature should respect when they oppose a slogan that to them may have no meaning?

The realty is that laws are being passed, and will be proposed that claim to protect 'religious freedom' which in their application allow bigots to discriminate against Transgendered Americans. You can dismiss the Evangelicals, the End-of-Times, the weirdos and nutjobs as merely just that, but you are now seeing what happens when they form a coalition with Republicans and even Democrats terrified of losing the 'religious' vote if they campaign against 'Religious Freedom'.

But if freedom is to be narrowly defined as religious, what freedom is there for people without religion, and why should members of a Church have rights other Americans do not?

As for baby-boomers, who are the parents of Transgendered Americans under the age of 35? Are you suggesting that the parents of our friends have no interest in their own children? Yes, they may constitute a minority of Americas overall, but they still rank as Americans, and have rights too. Even the right to vote for a Republican Party and a President who loathes and detests them and wants to take away the rights they do have. This is the dilemma posed by the title of the thread.
    First of all, when you're talking about the Baby Boomer parents of transgenders, who are you talking about? I've heard the figure that .3% of the U.S. population is transgender. So giving the benefit of the doubt that each transgender person has two living parents, at most we're talking about .6% of Baby Boomers with transgender children. I doubt there's much sense of generation-wide responsibility there.

Secondly, the USA is a Christian nation, always has been. It's no big mystery. Whatever you might believe here, if it challenges Christian beliefs, it's going to be challenged politically. The day may come when U.S. politicians' symbiotic relationship with the Christian voting bloc is no longer de rigueur. But that day is not today. What you perceive as indifference on my part is actually your idealism meeting my pragmatism and not liking the smell.

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    All the baby boomers didn't vote for Trump, unless you believe all baby boomers are White.

Trump tapped that ugly vein of latent racism in the American body politic, it had nothing at all with appealing to baby boomer 'values'.
    All revisionist history aside, when you hear someone refer to any generation born before the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the "white" part is understood.

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    Let me spell it out for you.
    Spelling isn't among your problems, Flighty. Less ambitious mathematical approaches to our disagreement here bear out exactly what I said - the Baby Boomers voted for Trump.

We are number one. All others are number two or lower.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
    First of all, when you're talking about the Baby Boomer parents of transgenders, who are you talking about? I've heard the figure that .3% of the U.S. population is transgender. So giving the benefit of the doubt that each transgender person has two living parents, at most we're talking about .6% of Baby Boomers with transgender children. I doubt there's much sense of generation-wide responsibility there.
    Secondly, the USA is a Christian nation, always has been. It's no big mystery. Whatever you might believe here, if it challenges Christian beliefs, it's going to be challenged politically. The day may come when U.S. politicians' symbiotic relationship with the Christian voting bloc is no longer de rigueur. But that day is not today. What you perceive as indifference on my part is actually your idealism meeting my pragmatism and not liking the smell.
    Nick. again, I do understand your so-called pragmatism, but in return you could at least admit that what I am arguing is the polar opposite of Idealism because it is based firmly on reality.

The reality that more than 5 million Americans are denied the vote in those states where a citizen with a prison record cannot vote; millions are denied the vote because the State has in place a means of registering citizens that is designed to find reasons not to register them and guess what, most of those Americas are Black, or Latino, or have names like Kim or Mohammed.

In Wisconsin alone, citizens eligible to vote were denied the right for the most trivial of reasons, but now look at the figures: votes denied: 200,000; margin of victory for the President: 22,748.
    https://www.thenation.com/article/wi...-won-by-23000/

And what proportion of those Americans denied the vote are the same 'baby boomers' you claim are responsible for the outcome of the election?

As for Transgendered Americans who may have voted for HIM (as in, His Imperial Majesty] spare a thought for what might actually be the majority of Transgendered Americans who were also prevented from voting because of ID issues, thus:

In the United States, the Williams Institute estimated that by requiring voters to present a government-issued photo ID at the polls, nine states may have disenfranchised over 25,000 transgender people in the November 2012 election,because poll workers are unlikely to have training on how to handle transgender people, and may erroneously suspect voter fraud.

Transgender individuals may also be discouraged from voting under these photo identification circumstances because of prior experiences with presenting identification that does not accurately reflect their gender: 41% percent of transgender people reported being harassed in situations where they presented gender incongruent identification, while 15% reported being asked to leave the venue where the identification had been presented, and 3% reported being assaulted or attacked as a result of presenting their ID.Additionally, 22% percent reported being denied equal treatment or being verbally harassed by government officials.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transg..._United_States

The reality is that the US while correctly implementing laws that prevent voter fraud, has -in many states- a suspiciously zealous attitude to voter registration that appears to discourage voting, rather than encourage it.

As for Christianity, even if the USA is de facto a Christian state because so many of its Federal and State legislators claim to be, the USA is for legal purposes an agnostic state. But if this means that a Christian has more rights than a Jew, a Muslim or anyone else, put it into law where everyone can see it, just as some States are, in effect, putting into law measures that target Transgendered Americas precisely and only because they are Transgendered.

This is realism, not idealism, and it is happening in a State near you. Now. And Tomorrow.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Silver Poster

Trump is a great American Hero ....but ONLY in the minds of his flock. Limbaugh and Fox News have been creating him for 20 years. The problem is, the Trump character wasn't created to run the Nation, he was created to mesmerize his audience. And make everyone else ill.

delete code school account

World Class Asshole

filghy2 Silver Poster

All revisionist history aside, when you hear someone refer to any generation born before the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the "white" part is understood.
    Huh? So we should regard non-white people as non-persons until 1964? That might be true in your part of the world but don't assume it's true for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Nick. again, I do understand your so-called pragmatism, but in return you could at least admit that what I am arguing is the polar opposite of Idealism because it is based firmly on reality.

The reality that more than 5 million Americans are denied the vote in those states where a citizen with a prison record cannot vote; millions are denied the vote because the State has in place a means of registering citizens that is designed to find reasons not to register them and guess what, most of those Americas are Black, or Latino, or have names like Kim or Mohammed.

In Wisconsin alone, citizens eligible to vote were denied the right for the most trivial of reasons, but now look at the figures: votes denied: 200,000; margin of victory for the President: 22,748.
    https://www.thenation.com/article/wi...-won-by-23000/

And what proportion of those Americans denied the vote are the same 'baby boomers' you claim are responsible for the outcome of the election?

As for Transgendered Americans who may have voted for HIM (as in, His Imperial Majesty] spare a thought for what might actually be the majority of Transgendered Americans who were also prevented from voting because of ID issues, thus:

In the United States, the Williams Institute estimated that by requiring voters to present a government-issued photo ID at the polls, nine states may have disenfranchised over 25,000 transgender people in the November 2012 election,because poll workers are unlikely to have training on how to handle transgender people, and may erroneously suspect voter fraud.

Transgender individuals may also be discouraged from voting under these photo identification circumstances because of prior experiences with presenting identification that does not accurately reflect their gender: 41% percent of transgender people reported being harassed in situations where they presented gender incongruent identification, while 15% reported being asked to leave the venue where the identification had been presented, and 3% reported being assaulted or attacked as a result of presenting their ID.Additionally, 22% percent reported being denied equal treatment or being verbally harassed by government officials.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transg..._United_States

The reality is that the US while correctly implementing laws that prevent voter fraud, has -in many states- a suspiciously zealous attitude to voter registration that appears to discourage voting, rather than encourage it.

As for Christianity, even if the USA is de facto a Christian state because so many of its Federal and State legislators claim to be, the USA is for legal purposes an agnostic state. But if this means that a Christian has more rights than a Jew, a Muslim or anyone else, put it into law where everyone can see it, just as some States are, in effect, putting into law measures that target Transgendered Americas precisely and only because they are Transgendered.

This is realism, not idealism, and it is happening in a State near you. Now. And Tomorrow.
    You have certainly given a thorough and truthful description of the American system of democracy. But none of that matters. You, me, and everyone else in this thread sat in our living rooms and watched George W. Bush steal two elections back-to-back on national television.

But stealing elections isn't what he'll be remembered for. Bush is a tough case because he actually was a pretty shitty President. Dick Cheney, on the other hand, was a great President in the classic conservative self-serving style. But the public has a short memory, and the winners write the history. Bush will ultimately go down in history as a beloved, slightly oafish, war-hawk-by-necessity President with a heart of gold. As long as he doesn't give too many speeches between now and his death.

Lot of fishy things about this last election, from both sides of the fence. We may have just voted in our first President whose campaign was assisted by Russia no matter who we elected in 2016. Goes to show how far our open-corruption style of government has gone down the rabbit hole. Regarding voter ID's, I'm in favor of them. If you don't have your shit together enough to have a valid government-issued ID to show when you need one - in a country where you need just such an ID for any alcohol or tobacco purchase, any encounter with police, or any financial transaction - I'd just as soon you kept your political opinions to yourself anyway.

Huh? So we should regard non-white people as non-persons until 1964? That might be true in your part of the world but don't assume it's true for the rest of us.
    No real desegregation occurred in this country until after the Civil Rights Act. I (laughingly) challenge you to find any 70-year-old black person who self-identifies as a "Baby Boomer." Black voters are black voters, they are reliably self-aware and are the cornerstone of the Democratic Party's base. Blacks and whites didn't start mixing on any substantial level until the Civil Rights Act of 1964 began what would be a decades-long process of national desegregation that is still ongoing. You can't hide the ugly truth by internet virtue-signaling half a century later, Flighty.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Sometimes the Baby Boomer vote is split, and that makes for interesting elections. But that hasn't happened here, all the Baby Boomers voted for Trump, and most of them will do it again. Then they'll die.
    Interestingly, Trump's primary support base has already been dying off at an increasing rate over the past 20 years. https://www.politico.com/magazine/po...e-angus-deaton White Americans without a college degree are about the only group in any developed country whose death rates are increasing rather than falling. How ironic that they support people who are trying to take their health insurance away. I guess they can take solace in their guns, religion and fantasies about returning to a mythical golden age of white America.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mortality3.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	1079073

filghy2 Silver Poster

No real desegregation occurred in this country until after the Civil Rights Act. I (laughingly) challenge you to find any 70-year-old black person who self-identifies as a "Baby Boomer." Black voters are black voters, they are reliably self-aware and are the cornerstone of the Democratic Party's base. Blacks and whites didn't start mixing on any substantial level until the Civil Rights Act of 1964 began what would be a decades-long process of national desegregation that is still ongoing. You can't hide the ugly truth by internet virtue-signaling half a century later, Flighty.
    When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.” “The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.” “The question is,” said Humpty Dumpty, “which is to be master—that’s all.”
    LEWIS CARROLL, Through the Looking-Glass

Funny, I don't see any mention of whiteness here or in any other definition I could find. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_boomers

Interestingly, Trump's primary support base has already been dying off at an increasing rate over the past 20 years. https://www.politico.com/magazine/po...e-angus-deaton White Americans without a college degree are about the only group in any developed country whose death rates are increasing rather than falling. How ironic that they support people who are trying to take their health insurance away. I guess they can take solace in their guns, religion and fantasies about returning to a mythical golden age of white America.
    Flighty, your fascination with uneducated white people surprises me. You're like the Jane Goodall of rednecks, living among them, studying them from a distance. You should film a documentary...oh, forgot, there's already a "People of Walmart."

I'm really not sure what point you're trying to make. Trump definitely got the uneducated white vote, along with the somewhat-educated white vote, and the highly-educated white vote, and the educated-enough-to-have-people-committed-to-institutions white vote. White people in general liked what Trump had to say about immigration, and America First, and Make America Great Again - that's speaking white people talk, and Trump can do it.

But so what? If white-people-problem solvers get voted into office, that must mean there are more disgruntled white people around than anyone else. It's a classic appeal to populism, executed perfectly at the exact right moment in history by a natural politician named Donald J. Trump.

A good evening to you, Flighty.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Flighty, your fascination with uneducated white people surprises me. You're like the Jane Goodall of rednecks, living among them, studying them from a distance. You should film a documentary...oh, forgot, there's already a "People of Walmart."

I'm really not sure what point you're trying to make.
    I'm simply highlighting the same point that virtually every analysis of the 2016 election has highlighted. You should try reading some of them.

I'm not sure whether you don't understand basic logic or you are being disingenuous because you need to pretend to yourself that you never lose an argument. To explain the 2016 election you need to explain what changed between 2012 and 2016. Republican advantages that were similar to the previous elections cannot explain it. The biggest single thing that changed was the Republican margin among less educated white voters.

Also, you seem to be forgetting that Trump actually lost the popular vote decisively. He only won as a result of small margins in a few working class states that voted previously for Obama, again due to the shift among less educated whites.