Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles

Junior Poster
    Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy

From personal bad experiences, motorcycles scare the beejeezes out of me.

One time in college I borrowed a friends moped to run to my apartment real quick. The very first turn I took I ran straight into an oncoming car. I ripped off most of the skin on my lower leg. Who would've known that motor bikes didn't have power steering?

Also during college, a good friend of mine slammed into the back of a car, smashed his face guard, and punctured his throat with the plexiglass. If it weren't for the medical student that was nearby he would have drowned on his own blood. Quick thinking and a McDonald's straw are the only reason he is alive today.

After college I lived with this guy, his girlfriend, and another girl. The guy had a motorcycle and he was gonna teach us to ride it. So we were taking turns riding around the block. The girl (not his gf) went 1st...down the street, round the corner, back up the next street over, and she never made it back to our street. She crashed the bike coming around the last turn breaking both her arms.

Still want to learn but I think a dirt bike and an area free of cars would be my best bet.

I'm just here for the ritual sex and human sacrifice.

Junior Poster

your post reminds me of the first time i rode a dirt bike. it was only two years ago. a buddy of mine and i went out to a dirt track and the first turn i made on the course i went up the side of the track and out into a field. 5 minutes later i soared off the track and into the bleachers lol. after that i had it down and it was fun as hell.

-I'm not hungover, I'm simply relaxing after a long night

Veteran Poster

Those are hilarious stories (well all except the drowning in your own blood part)

I remeber my first freeway ride and i thought for sure I would shit myself before I made it to the office. Not to mention (yes this is a true story) a girl on a white Ninja with a pink helmet and teddy bear backpack blew past me like I was in reverse. from that day on I got over my fear. I had ridden dirt bikes but the freeway and street bikes a whole different ballgame. Now I am safe but I love to hit the throttle on open freeways and go to open track day. Street tracks are a blast. Nothing like dropping a knee in a turn and throwing a few sparks around.

I definitely have to check myself from time to time though because I have a speed fetish so if I am on the road and no one else is around I have no problem opening it up. Driving in LA traffic tends to test your riding skills more than most places so once you drive in this crap a few times you are an expert pretty much.

Those of us with bikes should meet up sometime and go for a ride. I wold venture to say any of you ladies who like bikes would have no problem finding one of us to bring you along!

Professional Poster

Don't be talkin' bad about Peg,Hara. She had the hottest ass on network TV in '89.

Ancient Pervert.

Can I be a proper old bore and say to any beginners reading this "PLEASE GET SOME TRAINING BEFORE YOU GO OUT ON A MOTORCYCLE!"

Bikes are great-- this weekend is the first of biking summer for me and the bikes are coming out of the garage-- but they can also get you dead very quickly. And that is without taking into account the psychopaths in their cars.

Professional Poster

So none of you guys feel deficient in any way?

the majority rules, and the majority are passive bitches.

Junior Poster

I have an old Suzuki 550 GSL, '82, not much of a bike really, i bought it becuase a girl I was chasing mentioned she liked riding. I wrecked it once, in my parking lot, by dumping the clutch with it revved and running into the back of a dumptruck. I was trying to get it running and the carbs were all gunked up. I never got the bike really running well because I knew due to poor judgment I would Darwinize myself. But i do like 4-wheelers and waverunners, i have a Yamaha 600 grizzly and a Yamaha 1200 and 800 waverunner. The waverunners are cool fun, the 1200 will go about 70 or so, and its stock, but its a lot of fun. I have never actually ridden the 800, i just got it so I wouldn't ave to share.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p1010013_170.jpg 
Views:	413 
Size:	154.7 KB 
ID:	89901  

Quote Originally Posted by Kriss
    So none of you guys feel deficient in any way?
    Nope.

Professional Poster

I have a '97 zx-6. Had it for about a year since I got my license. It's good to see some riders on here!

Shush girl, shut your lips
    Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips

Quote Originally Posted by TomSelis
    I have a '97 zx-6. Had it for about a year since I got my license. It's good to see some riders on here!
    Just got back from a quick zing up the Highlands on the Beemer. Brilliant. Get the Dookie out tomorrow maybe.