Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829303132 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: TV Shows...What are you following?

Alfa, broadcast in the UK as Grow (Denmark, Milad Avaz, 2020).

Another dose of Scandi drivel, this time from Denmark. Two brothers born into the family of Denmark's weed king. One joins the cops and never talks to his mum, the other becomes a stockbroker but can't afford to buy an apartment in Copenhagen, like I feel your pain, dude. So when he discovers a stash of hashish in his dad's garage he morphs into a crime lord with all that implies with regard to the Tattaglia's of this world. The cop has sex, at least, whereas his brother manages to go for the whole series without it, about as believable as the story. If you have nothing better to do and it's 3am then go for it.

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

NETFLIX: Physical 100

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

The Gold (BBC 1, Sunday evenings)

Currently broadcasting, but all episodes can be 'binged watched' -I started and got to the end of the second episode before deciding this drama, based on the real-life robbery at the Brinks-Mat 'Secure' Depot at Heathrow Airport, is not worth watching. The script is poor, the acting just as bad, and the people truly nasty. There was another drama last year -can't remember the channel- about a gang of men who go to steal some gear and end up with tons of gold, that was crap too.

I've just finished watching "the most dangerous show on Netflix" and quite enjoyed it.

Learning about the archaeological site Göbekli Tepe lead me to the Turkish series Atiye (aka The Gift). It was OK.

I first came across Graham Hancock when I read his book on the Arc of the Covenant, The Sign and the Seal (1992). The book mingles known facts with regard to the history of the Jews, with speculation that leads nowhere, or more precisely, to a chapel in Ethiopia which is where, it is claimed, the Arc of the Covenant is stored. The simple fact that nobody is allowed in to see it, and that there are no known photographs of the interior lead one to ask -why? Because it is fiction. Hancock has been pursuing these 'what if's' for decades and uses the unknown to assume a known without a shred of evidence.

Atlantis would be a good case of a place that either did not exist, or was an island that disappeared due to a tsunami as most archaeologists believe- the tsunami may also have dealt a fatal blow to the Minoan communities on Crete- though for what it's worth, my mother told me that having once been an inhabitant of Ancient Egypt, she was also at another time born in Atlantis, and who was I to spoil her narrative? She also believed Jesus was a time traveller who came from a galaxy far, far away -I kid you not (the German compose Stockhausen shared similar beliefs).

I see no need to give Hancock a moment more of my time, and I guess the documentary is entertaining, but let's not give the poor man any support for his unproven views.

The Dangers of Ancient Apocalypse’s Pseudoscience – SAPIENS

No, There Wasn't an Advanced Civilization 12,000 Years Ago - Scientific American

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Well I'm on Graham Hancock's side. I think he'll be proven right.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_willy View Post
    Well I'm on Graham Hancock's side. I think he'll be proven right.
    What does it mean to be 'proven right'? Hancock has been doing this stuff for more than 30 years and has never proven anything. .

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    What does it mean to be 'proven right'? Hancock has been doing this stuff for more than 30 years and has never proven anything. .
    Proven right as in:

1 - There was an advanced civilization
    2 - Wherever they lived it was destroyed by a cataclysmic flood
    3 - The flood was caused by a huge comet shower which rapidly melted the glaciers covering upper north America

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

-Batwoman S1
    -Star Trek Picard S3
    -The Last Of Us

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_willy View Post
    Proven right as in:

1 - There was an advanced civilization
    2 - Wherever they lived it was destroyed by a cataclysmic flood
    3 - The flood was caused by a huge comet shower which rapidly melted the glaciers covering upper north America
    Three claims for which there is not a shred of evidence. I think you might be taking the Michael, as they say politely.