Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by youcancallmeclaire
    Quote Originally Posted by peggygee
    Quote Originally Posted by youcancallmeclaire
    Most of them... no. Not everyone can afford the luxury of professional guidance.
    To many... the serenity is worth the risk.

It is to me. I can't think of much that I wouldn't put on the line to achieve my goals.

If a woman, or any person for that matter has either low or no income,
    they can go to their local hospital or clinic and apply for 'free care' or
    'sliding scale' health coverage.

Different states and or hospitals will provide different degrees of care,
    but care should be availible.
    Last time I tried to get free medical help, they assured me I wouldn't be charged for it but sure enough, a month later I got a bill that I couldn't afford to pay.
    I just noticed where you live.

You may want to try Callen Lorde's Transgender Health Services

http://www.callen-lorde.org/services/trans.html

We are welcoming to all, regardless of sexual orientation or insurance coverage

Address
    Callen-Lorde Community Health Center
    356 West 18th Street
    New York, NY 10011

Departmental Telephone Directory
    Medical Services (Adults)
    Appointments: 271-7200
    Prescription refills: 271-7200
    Referrals: 271-7200

Billing/Patient Accounts 271-7253

Patient Billing Information

http://www.callen-lorde.org/payment.html

All Patients:
    When you register for your first visit at the Center, you will be asked to present a form of personal identification and proof of address. In addition, if you are uninsured with no dependants and currently earn less than $24,500, you can present proof of/attest to your income to qualify for our sliding scale or other insurance programs. If you have insurance, please present your most recently issued card at each visit.

Uninsured/Self Pay Patients:
    If you do not have health insurance and meet certain income, residency and/or medical requirements, we offer on-site financial screening, referral and enrollment assistance to obtain government-funded insurance programs, such as the Columbia Breast Health Partnership, Family Planning Benefit Program, Family/Child Health Plus, Medicaid, or ADAP Plus. If you do not qualify for these plans, we offer a 'sliding scale discount' based upon your documented income and family dependents. Should you qualify, your office visits and procedures will be billed at a discounted rate, subject to annual income re-verification. Please inquire about our fees prior to receiving care, so that you are prepared to pay for your medical, mental health, or dental services, as our charges increase according to the complexity or amount of services provided.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG
    Spiro also isn't the safest drug in the world either, as it can cause irregular heart beats which could result in death... I know there have been studies on spiro's relation to chemical imbalance generated hospitalizations (such as out of wack potassium levels)... but I believe that data, when it exists, was aimed at patients who don't use it for a Tblocker.

Found this on the yahoo DIY HRT group:

NEW YORK (AP) -- New research shows that soon after doctors started prescribing a drug for congestive heart failure more widely, the number of patients who died from a side effect increased.....
    Yeah, a lot can go wrong with DIY HRT, particularly if a woman has an
    undiagnosed health issue.

this might sound stupid but is it possible to remove bone to reduce shoe size? 0.o

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Dragon
    this might sound stupid but is it possible to remove bone to reduce shoe size? 0.o

lol
    Not really.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by peggygee

I just noticed where you live.
    I'm actually a couple hours away from NYC. I just put that as my location so people would know I was within driving distance. I'm probably closer to Philly in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Dragon

lol
    Not really.
    poo...unless i can manage to comfortably fit my feet into atleast a couple shoe sizes smaller, i do beleive im gonna have a hard time finding some womens 14s...

I have some slight concerns about learning how to speak like a female...like laughing, screaming, or just random miscelanious things .

Anyone have some tips and tricks for toning the vocal muscles to help it sound more feminin? Also, how does vocal surgery play out? Is it worth while?

I think I just found the trick. I got an audio tutorial that suggests resonating from the bottom of the voice box. Seems to work to an extent in terms of the tone. I think Im going to practice this for some time to see how it develops.