Thread: Miserly Bush

Default Miserly Bush

Though it barely deserves mention in the paper of record (NYT), yesterday there was a catastrophic earthquake in Peru, close to Lima. The destruction is horrendous, the death toll is climbing steadily and help is sure to come. Well, maybe the help isn't so sure. In a week that saw the Federal Reserve pump nearly 40 billion dollars into the stock market to bail out risky lenders, a new all time record high arms deal with Israel (nearly 30 billion to a country that is every bit as deserving of sanctions and regime change as Iran): George Bush has offered the stunningly paltry sum of 100,00 dollars. Excuse me?

I don't know why this pisses me off so much, but I feel like rioting.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

To the Bush crowd life is sacred, just not as sacred as arms and money.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Veteran Poster

yeah ----yesterday the internet told me about the quake ---so I went to my news channels on TV (this was/is yesterday) ----not a mention of this disaster --(not even on the covers of the NY papers -this morning)

as far as the USA lending hand ---I just wish we wouldn't --we are not super heroes --we are not everyone's mother ---we are not some crutch/bandage the the world looks to depend upon ----then again maybe we are ---but we shouldn't be ------

now --I am not sure about this ---but what countries offered help with Katrina? ---which countries gave help? ---

In a pyromantic way
    I'm her slave

living for her to ignite --

Veteran Poster

whateva ---forget Katrina ---realize that we can't be there for everyone ---and ten bucks says --we will help in many ways and anothers ---

In a pyromantic way
    I'm her slave

living for her to ignite --

Rookie Poster

@dreamer:

read this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Katrina

or are you one of those people that says Wikipedia links are not valid sources of information?...

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer
    whateva ---forget Katrina ---realize that we can't be there for everyone ---and ten bucks says --we will help in many ways and anothers ---
    Actually, Hugo Chavez-the scourge of Venezuela- offered a hefty sum of food, oil, and other emergency materials to the people of LA which Bush flat out refused. Evidently in that case pursuing the antagonistic foreign policy towards Chavez was much more important than the badly needed AID.

As for lending a helping hand, well, its the decent thing to do when you are the wealthiest nation on the planet. After all, we had half a trillion dollars to "liberate" the Iraqi oil-err- I mean people, why not send a million dollars to Peruvian quake victims?

Platinum Poster

It's typical behavior for the crooks and liars at bushinc., unfortunately. I just watched Anthony Bourdain's 'No Reservations' episode on Peru, what a beautiful country and people.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Professional Poster

if they aint participatin to the full exten in nafta well we can only give what we can give...man i love the idiotic foreign policy of this the worst presidency in american history,,,,,,,,,

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

i love it that bush visited our base in anbar Iraq this week. it's just about the only safe place in the country. even before the insurgence our soldiers were calling it fort cupcake. note too that president and coward in chief g.w. bush never left the base. but from within it's walls he could just tell that things were honkey-dory.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Rookie Poster

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...?section=world
    US President George W. Bush offered his condolences and $100,000 in emergency aid, with the possibility of more to come.