i got paid 200 whole dollars and got to look really pretty

and i had fun

they want me back this week !!!!|

imma stereotype

oh and not to mention i got my own dressing room

with a high definition t.v.

the audience loved me too
    Thats cute
    but me and my boyfriend are not going to go on that show just to say we got to be on some show that has degraded transexuals since it began. Sometimes pride in yourself is more important than 2 seconds of foolery.

Junior Poster

That Ts stated that 50% of TS's kill themthemselves before they turn 30? Where is the data to back that up? That is way high.

Junior Poster

Damn MIMI, that avi got me. Kiss y'self for me.

If you ain't pickin me up, don't look down on me!!

Quote Originally Posted by eddymunster90
    That Ts stated that 50% of TS's kill themthemselves before they turn 30? Where is the data to back that up? That is way high.
    I've hard that stat before, not sure if I trust it though.

A lot of the life expectancy stats I hear of are probably way off, especially if they only use postops to make their statistics. Think about it, srs (the modern variants of it anyway) hasn't been around long enough yet for many who had it to have died from old age. So almost by definition, if that's how you make the statistics then almost no one who is trans dies from old age. Maybe 20 years on out we'd start to see better data but, then again in science fields no one really cares about trans patients unless they're trans, related to someone who is trans, or has some agenda to push.

I also have to wonder how they'd go about trying to make life expectancy stats given how many girls go into stealth. But I am sure, compared to most demographics the stats won't be pretty.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Veteran Poster

The last stats I saw that tried to track something were about clinical entries in New York and related deaths... I've also seen suicide rates that seem to be caused by trans/gay issues compared to 'expected' numbers of such people in a standard community.

By comparing the rates of suicide in 'normal' populations vs the suicide rate of those who who identify as trans or gay of some flavor, you often come up with very high rates.

Just saying there is some basis for a rate far higher than normal... even if 50% specifically is not easy to track down.

Sean

Just one more nice guy finishing last...