Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Senior Member Professional Poster Paladin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by KiraHarden_TS
    I'm also into WW 2, european history, woodworking and architecture

I'm also addicted to Sudoku
    There you go!

What was the better tank, PzKw V Panther or T-34??? back up your theory with a proof!

Was Manstein better than Zhukov??

What was the most highly decorated ship in WWII (and I think in history)?
    the panther was superior to the T34 mainly due to the fact that is was produced to "counter" the T34, it had better armor (80mm vs about average of 60mm), a much higher velocity cannon (penatration and range were better), and a 3 man turrent instead of a two man.

and i believe the most decorated warship of WWII was the USS Enterprise (CV-6)
    Right on both counts. The Panther's main gun was the third best of the war, behind the 88mm L/56 KWK and the 88mm L/71 KWK. All three were German guns. The T-34 hat a medium length 76mm which was far inferior to the Panther's gun. Even the T-34/85's 85mm gun which didn't come out until 1944 had an inferior gun to the Panther. Those German guns rocked.

Do you know what nations designed the current M1 Abrams 120mm gun and the earlier M1 105mm???

And Enterprise CV-6 was the most decorated ship in naval historyof any navy in the world. The ship's bell is at annapolis and the sternplate is somewhere in NJ.

Rookie Poster

You are not a nerd, just more widely read than most people.

Silver Poster

Science-Fiction is the best genre in literature. It combines science, philosophy, (social) anthropology and ethics. Perhaps much more than that. As for the term nerd, it´s meaningless and irrelevant like all labelings. Do you know anything by Boris & Arkady Strugatzki, Isaac Asimov, Arthur C. Clarke or Stanislav Lem, Kira? If not, I´d like to recommend them.
    Unfortunately, Science-Fiction is a very commercialized genre nowdays, so stuff like Star Wars gets categorized as Sci-Fi, too. I good Sci-Fi story requires scientific explanations, ideas and hypothesis and you won´t find them in Star Wars or Superman. True Sci-Fi wants you to think, Star Wars wants you to shut down your mind and have fun while eating popcorn. I´m taking Star Wars as an example because it´s perhaps the most famous one.

There you go!

What was the better tank, PzKw V Panther or T-34??? back up your theory with a proof!

the panther was superior to the T34 mainly due to the fact that is was produced to "counter" the T34, it had better armor (80mm vs about average of 60mm), a much higher velocity cannon (penatration and range were better), and a 3 man turrent instead of a two man.

Right on both counts. The Panther's main gun was the third best of the war, behind the 88mm L/56 KWK and the 88mm L/71 KWK. All three were German guns. The T-34 hat a medium length 76mm which was far inferior to the Panther's gun. Even the T-34/85's 85mm gun which didn't come out until 1944 had an inferior gun to the Panther. Those German guns rocked.

Do you know what nations designed the current M1 Abrams 120mm gun and the earlier M1 105mm???

And Enterprise CV-6 was the most decorated ship in naval historyof any navy in the world. The ship's bell is at annapolis and the sternplate is somewhere in NJ.
    Yea, it was Germany for the 120 and Britain for the 105

and apparently Germany is still developing their 140mm for their Leopard 2(with Britain and France helping), whether it will be put into use or not is another matter, but they were doing it to counter massive rumors that the Russians were going to be using 135mm or 152mm guns on their next gen future battle tank

"If you ain't Laughin, You ain't Livin" -Carlos Mencia

There you go!

one thing i would love to see is a showdown between The American M1A2, The German Leopard 2, The British Challenger 2, and The French Leclerc

"If you ain't Laughin, You ain't Livin" -Carlos Mencia

5 Star Poster

Default Re: I love to read and watch Scifi Am i a nerd

I'm a avid reader of scifi books. Elves dwarves and dragons. Does this make me a nerd.

Ed Jaxson thinks so.
    Hmmm my immediate reaction is. Yes Kira.

Rookie Poster

if you memorize all the parts in monty python and the holy grail and can recite them all right now then you are a nerd......... like me