View Poll Results: Republican or Democrat?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Republican

51 38.06%
  • Democrat

83 61.94%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino
    Gee, thanks for all the "Diverse" choices in your poll!
    Truth is, the differences between the two are negligible in a larger picture. Two sides of the same coin, as it were. The two party system is a paradigm to give Americans the sense that they still have a sense of choice. It doesn't matter who wins this election. The wars will wage on, your paychecks will continue to be grossly over taxed, the economy will continue to fail, and corporations will continue centralizing all the power. A coup has been staged on the peoples government by a fascist corporatocracy. The Obama "change" campaign is a farce
    I hear people say that "It doesn't matter who gets elected" jazz all the time. However, I truly believe if we had 8 years of Al Gore or even 4 years of Bush, cut short by 4 years of John Kerry, this country would be in much better shape than it is now. If you disagree you are delusional buddy. The razor close elections and reign of George W. Bush and Dick Cheney really proved to lots of people, that your vote does matter (especially if you live in a battleground state). Now, while I'm a registered Democrat, I'm not a liberal Kool-Aid drinker and I don't agree with the Dems on everything, especially immigration. Even the independent party is a farce, because only billionaires have any success with it, such as Ross Perot, Michael Bloomberg or Ralph Nader (with the exception of Ron Paul). Most billionaires are so entrenced with that corporate mindset, they will eventually fall victim to their instincts. When Michael Bloomberg was running for his 1st term as mayor of New York City, he went on Black radio and promised to deal with communities of color a lot differently than Rudy Giuliani. The progressive Black New Yorkers (such as I) who voted for him on the independent line, really solidified his victory. Well, he really hasn't lived up to his campaign promises. He's not the aggressive tyrant that Giuliani was, but he a smug @sshole, who has allowed real estate developers to run amok. Minority business participation in city government/agencies are at their lowest levels under his administration. The Village Voice said the guy (appointed by Bloomberg) that runs the agency responsible for rewarding gov't contract is a out and out bigot. Bloomberg, real estate developers and their minions are improperly using eminent domain, to displace the poor and elderly for their land grabs and line their pockets. He's running around saying, since he's a businessman, he should be entitled to a 3rd term to steer NYC thru this financial mess, in spite of the 2 term limit in place. Well, why didn't Mr. Businessman, warn New Yorkers, Wall Street and real estate developers, to proceed with caution, as the financials backing the securitization of subprime mortgages and the credit default swaps (the main culprit of this mess), that acted as a quasi-insurance to get investors on board with these risky mortgages, was akin to playing with fire. Many reputable economists warned this was going to happen years ago, but he thought he'd enjoy the ride up and be out of office on the ride down. He is the owner of the biggest financial information company in the world, so I know he knew about this for years. Bloomberg was against term limits, when Rudy Giuliani tried to use the 9/11 crisis for a 3rd term, yet he's using this financial crisis to do the same thing. The Dems pissed me off at times too, because they did have some people like Chris Dodd and Bill Clinton who were bigtime players in this mortgage meltdown crisis, but Nancy Pelosi wants to play partisan blame games. It's both these parties' fault, if you wanna keep it real!

I am a student of history and how it affects people. I think I'm that way, because I've seen how it has affected African-Americans for the worst, but that's a debate for another day. However, when I look back personally or ask others about how the poor and working folks in communities of color remember their lives under the Republicans and you just get frowned up faces and profanity laced criticisms. You don't hear that same talk when Jimmy Carter or Bill Clinton names are mentioned, even though Carter presided over a bad economy. The rich got richer under Ronald Reagan (see the movie Wall Street) and the inner cities and rural areas were forgotten about. The same B.S replayed under George Bush Sr. As far as Bush Jr, I think he does care about the little guy, but he cares way more about the big guy. That is why he's used this country's tax dollars as his personal fiefdom, to give hundreds of billions in no-bid contracts to companies he, Cheney and Rumsfeld were chummy with (i.e Halliburton, Blackwater and Bechtel). That is the type of leadership, that ballooned our deficit, while Republicans talk about "small government" and "prudent spending". Well, Reagan and Bush Sr. left a huge budget deficit and Bill Clinton left a huge surplus and Bush Jr. burned thru it and created more national debt, than any President in U.S history. My point is, both parties are full of shyt to some degree, but the Republicans are the party of the wealthy and corporations, but they use fearmongering and the biases of poor, small-town folk (like the lady that called Obama an Arab) to get elected. Karl Rove was the king of this type of campaigning. I find it ironic how Cindy McCain has said Barack Obama has run the nastiest campaign in history, when McCain has way more negative ads running and his rallies are full of negativity. Coupled with the fact, that Bush Jr and Karl Rove brought up Cindy's prior addiction to prescription medications and McCain supposedly having a child of color out of wedlock somewhere. Barack Obama has not mentioned either issue once. Yet, Cindy McCain is saying Barack is the most vile
    campaigner in history. Hilary Clinton and Sarah Palin supporters accuse Obama of being sexist, yet both women have used racial code language in interviews and rallies (especially Hillary). Remember the "I can get the vote of hard working White Americans, not him" comment (probably why he didn't make her V.P). Hillary Clinton and the McCain/Palin tickets both resorted to sewer, biased politics out of desperation, when they saw their campaigns fizzling out.

People need to stop being slaves to politicians and think for themselves. People act like being a registered Democrat or Republicans is like some fraternity or sorority membership. I respect the few GOPers, who came on TV and reprimanded McCain for taking the "low road" and exploiting people's prejudices and fears. I find people who are overly partisan, highly suspect and morally deficient (see Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin or Sean Hannity). I watch Lou Dobbs on CNN all the time, even though I don't agree with him half the time. Why? Because, while his views are typically conservative and Republican, he realizes that the Republicans never do right by the hard working Joes out there. They're allegiance is to greed and corporations, but they wrap themselves in the American flag, lathered up in bogus patriotism and Christian values, while they're shafting those hard working, small town folk, that voted for them. That's one reason why Barack Obama is doing well in states like Ohio and Pennsylvania, where Democrats and minorities never did well statewide, because many of them are starting to wake up and smell the coffee. I'm not naive, I know Barack Obama isn't going to make America some great paradise or even do half of what he promised in his 1st term. However, I'll know he'll point us in the right direction and the average Jo and Joanne will do better under his policies.

Junior Poster

Default Beagle watches too much FOX...

With minds like Rove,Schmidt,Tucker,Newt...in the Grand Ole Party it's a wonder that we have not heard that Acorn has ties to Ahmadinejad as well.These ARKITEKKKs of the GOP put news out their(Ohio...) while they are pulling something funny down in Florida(JEB?).
    It was Schmidt who started the rumor about Palin's down syndrome baby and how tests should be run,to make it look like the DEMS...for christ sake ROVE should be in prison...GIRLS would ANY of you let THAT HEDGEHOG climb aboard for any amount of $$...

Banned for being a shit stain on humanity. Junior Poster

Makes no difference at all. With the exception of who appoints Fed Judges... there's not one bit of difference at the end of the day... they're both slaves to the dollar.

Mcinsaine / Obamamama....both slaves to the same master.

If either of them took the Constitution seriously...I'd cast my vote for them....they don't, so I won't.

Banned for being a shit stain on humanity. Junior Poster

Oh wait,

I stand corrected, apparently Obamamama is a bigger psychopath then even Mcinsane (who says the WOT will be a hundred year war).

The big O wants to kill your daughters too.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08287...=elections.xml

[quote="beandip"]Makes no difference at all. With the exception of who appoints Fed Judges... there's not one bit of difference at the end of the day... they're both slaves to the dollar.

Mcinsaine / Obamamama....both slaves to the same master.

If either of them took the Constitution seriously...I'd cast my vote for them....they don't, so I won't.[/quote]

AGREED

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana
    what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    buy her tits if you would rather she had some.
    BEEP BEEP!

5 Star Poster

I vote mostly for Democrats, because the Republican party makes me sick to my stomach. I refuse to drink Rush Limbaugh's Kool-Aid. He's made enough millions sreaming. However, I'm not sure that makes me a Democrat. Just Anti-Republican

Junior Poster

Default Freedom of choice socially. But markets must be regulated.

Quote Originally Posted by tgirlzoe
    Neither.

I am of the libertarian to anarchist faction.

I am socially conservative but don't believe in passing laws for ethics (sex, drugs, rock and roll, etc) is a positive force.
    Look, this might sound a bit presumptuous, but how can a member of the GLBT community be socially conservative? That's not rhetorical Zoe, I am really interested to know, hey.

As for the libertarian thing:
    I think the problem with libertarianism is that you have to assume that every person is inherently good, in that you have to believe that business owners will act with discretion.
    In theory, the market should solve everything. But if that were really so, why do we still have small children in Asia making our sneakers?
    The system does not favour the consumer any more; we are not given enough choice, and therefore the idea of the free market stops functioning.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle
    Quote Originally Posted by tgirlzoe
    Neither.
    ...My prediction is that Obama will win, unless there is some polling trickery (as per 2000 and 2004) or "October Surprise" ...
    And we do know Obama's intimate connection with ACORN.
    Dude you've been watching Fox News this week too hey?

They've been milking that ACORN thing to death.
    Ok, it's an issue. But it's only ONE issue. It doesn't deserve such overwhelming coverage.

You know they're just making a point of it, so they have something to blame if McCain loses (but I doubt he will lose).

Rookie Poster

I clicked on Democrat. Being European, I don't get to vote anyway...

That said, Dubya Bush aside, I don't think there has been a presidential ticket in recent years that was more anti-GLBT than McCain and Palin. Sure, McCain may still be somewhat liberal in some of his views... on the other hand, Palin being a social archconservative with a still sizeable following, there is a pretty good chance the tail will be wagging the dog and we will see lots of hostility (and legislation, for that matter) against anything and anybody who doesn't conform to what she and her fellow fanatics think is within social and cultural (read: fundamentalist evangelical) norms.

Now, what do I care, you may think. I'm here in good old liberal secular Europe where the U.S. government has no jurisdiction...

The truth is, thanks to Bush in particular, the current U.S. administration has attempted to push its puritan, sex-abhorring views and ideas on other countries. African aids relief has been sabotaged by replacing the encouragement of condom use with mere abstinence talk, laws governing teenage sexuality in Europe have been tightened without reason... the list goes on.

You guys over there are a free country, and how you vote is entirely up to you, I would never tell you who to cast your vote for. But maybe these are things to consider.