Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    Bush entered office with a project ten year surplus which he quickly gave away to the wealthiest 1% of Americans in the form of tax cuts. Just as quickly the surplus disappeared and the economy started its eight year decline. Bush’s “Ownership Society” and his appointment of regulators in every branch of government who didn’t believe in regulation sealed our economic fate. Meanwhile he and Cheney have us pouring trillions of dollars down a dry hole in Iraq; trillions that the administration never put in the budget reports in the interests of political (er…national) security. Why Iraq. No one knows. Iraq was one of the only secular governments in the Middle East. Saddam has no truck for Al Qaeda. Al Qaeda was in Afghanistan and Pakistan; but Bush decided to look for his keys under the street lamp. Under Bush/Cheney America became shamefully known as a state that practices and condones torture. The definition of navigable waterway was modified to get around the clean air and water act. Fema was deemed a needless waste of government money and political hacks were placed in charge of it. We lost a city because of it. Money was so tight, States couldn’t dedicate money to needed infrastructure repairs. Bridges collaped.

Anybody would do better than Bush. It’s going to take years to clean up the mess he made. Our infrastructure needs to be revamped, we have to figure out how to make the best of the chaos we caused in the middle east. We have to somehow fix an utterly broken economy. I’m sure things are going to get worse before they get better, no matter who's in charge. I prefer someone who can put a subject and a predicate together and form a complete thought. A thought that pragmatically addresses the good of the people, rather than one that merely reformulates a nineteenth century economic ideology.
    Why blame bush. Blame yourself. He didnt take our money out of our own pockets he tried his hardest stop attacking him.No I dont like him but think rationally its not his fault our housing/Economic markets suck. Its our fault.

Junior Poster
    LA, NYC, Denver, Paris, Venice, London, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Moscow, China

Quote Originally Posted by dafame
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyT
    a breath of fresh air. a man with a moral backbone. his roots are based in middle America where most of us live. he has a nation behind him and a world of problems in front of him. we are in unique times never before seen in this world. we, as Americans, hold as much responsibility for making change as does Obama. i pray that we are as strong and as committed as our new President. we are a fickle society whose opinions change with the wind. it's time for us to stand up and do what is right. we must fight the urge to give in too soon. so many wish to chase the all American dollar (greed) rather than working to help their fellow man. i wish the best for our country and society. can we truly meet the challenge?
    Very well said JonnyT. A better way to end that though would have been to say that "we have to meet the challenge". We owe it to the generations following us if nothing else. There's just no other option other than putting up the fight to save our country.
    i agree with you except that you have more faith in our current society than i do at the moment. if you look at what just happened on wall street you will see a microcosm of our society and until we get our morals back i'm not so sure we can meet the challenges ahead. hence the question.

"Perception is Reality, until you know better. Always look below the surface and you will never need to judge."

Platinum Poster

IT'S OFFICIAL...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/

Rookie Poster

Its official My President is black...My fault I gotta say for all those who either oppose the idea of the President being a person of color or just don't like him..Whether you like it or not

Our President is black

Female or Shemale its whatever in my eyes you're all female

Platinum Poster

I was really happy to see that members of the groundbreaking and heroic Tuskegee Airmen were able to attend this inauguration.

Some photos:

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Tuskeg...9inaugtuskegee

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

What an exciting moment.
    My eyes filled with tears several times during his speech.

Today, anything is possible.

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Good ceremony. The party will be over tomorrow, and we're in one hell of a mess at the moment, as a nation. Let's keep in mind:

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by AllanahStarrNYC
    What an exciting moment.
    My eyes filled with tears several times during his speech.

Today, anything is possible.

What happened then Sweetcheeks did he turn water into wine?

One thing.

You never see Tony Blair and Barack Obama together in the same room.

Well, Blair always was a good actor...

here are the clues
    1. the publicity machine spin
    2. the new messiah profile with the press
    3. portraying the opposition as evil.

Well, at least we were ahead of the US on this one.

When Blair came to power ,he was young ,goodlooking and full of change with huge media support and hope from the people by 2005 he had aged big time, he was getting 35% of the national vote and doing deals with the Ulster Unionists to get bills through .

I actually hope Obama pulls it offas the world is in a very volitile state right now.America has huge problems domestically. And I do think it really is a great thing what he has done.

Junior Poster
    LA, NYC, Denver, Paris, Venice, London, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Moscow, China

the challenge begins. i feel for the younger generation that have had so much handed to them. this is going to be a real eye opener for them. perhaps they will learn that some things are worth working for. it can only help to learn that you don't have to have everything right now.

"Perception is Reality, until you know better. Always look below the surface and you will never need to judge."

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ef9hatchman
    Quote Originally Posted by trish
    Bush entered office with a project ten year surplus which he quickly gave away to the wealthiest 1% of Americans in the form of tax cuts. Just as quickly the surplus disappeared and the economy started its eight year decline. Bush’s “Ownership Society” and his appointment of regulators in every branch of government who didn’t believe in regulation sealed our economic fate. Meanwhile he and Cheney have us pouring trillions of dollars down a dry hole in Iraq; trillions that the administration never put in the budget reports in the interests of political (er…national) security. Why Iraq. No one knows. Iraq was one of the only secular governments in the Middle East. Saddam has no truck for Al Qaeda. Al Qaeda was in Afghanistan and Pakistan; but Bush decided to look for his keys under the street lamp. Under Bush/Cheney America became shamefully known as a state that practices and condones torture. The definition of navigable waterway was modified to get around the clean air and water act. Fema was deemed a needless waste of government money and political hacks were placed in charge of it. We lost a city because of it. Money was so tight, States couldn’t dedicate money to needed infrastructure repairs. Bridges collaped.

Anybody would do better than Bush. It’s going to take years to clean up the mess he made. Our infrastructure needs to be revamped, we have to figure out how to make the best of the chaos we caused in the middle east. We have to somehow fix an utterly broken economy. I’m sure things are going to get worse before they get better, no matter who's in charge. I prefer someone who can put a subject and a predicate together and form a complete thought. A thought that pragmatically addresses the good of the people, rather than one that merely reformulates a nineteenth century economic ideology.
    Why blame bush. Blame yourself. He didnt take our money out of our own pockets he tried his hardest stop attacking him.No I dont like him but think rationally its not his fault our housing/Economic markets suck. Its our fault.
    Maybe its everyones fault