Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LTR_Seeker
    Live & Let Die
    Looove love that one too! :P

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hara_Juku Tgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by LTR_Seeker
    Live & Let Die
    Looove love that one too! :P

~Kisses.

HTG
    It awesome song ising it at work with radio then get told to stop lol

Professional Poster

So many. Hard to pick one. Here's a few...

• Getting Better

Eleanor Rigby

I'm Only Sleeping

She Said She Said

Tomorrow Never Knows (this song could be made today and still be a hit...possibly one of the first electronica songs)

Strawberry Fields

Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band..

Out of all of them Revolver is my favorite album.

On a side note my Mom saw them live in Toronto in 64. When she told this to me I went on and on about it (I mean c'mon...you won't see that ever again). She didn't seem to put much emphasis on it. She just told me that all she could hear was screaming girls and 4 mop tops on bouncing on stage. So I looked it up on Youtube and she was right at that. Here's the clip.

I've been in a "Just Gimme Some Truth" kind of mood lately.

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries of life disappear and life stands explained." -Mark Twain

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by JustMeHere
    I've been in a "Just Gimme Some Truth" kind of mood lately.
    I think we all need a bit of that these days.

Quote Originally Posted by jjhill
    It's to hard to pick just one....if i had no other choice. "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" or "Something In The Way She Moves"
    Man of taste. Both Harrison songs.....He remains underrated even now. He was not as prolific as Paul "The trick is to get him to shut up" McCartney or as gritty as John Lennon, but he had a real eloquence in his writing that made him stand out. IMO.

Surprised "Hey Bulldog" hasn't been mentioned yet, or "I am the Walrus."

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MacShreach
    Quote Originally Posted by jjhill
    It's to hard to pick just one....if i had no other choice. "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" or "Something In The Way She Moves"
    Man of taste. Both Harrison songs.....He remains underrated even now. He was not as prolific as Paul "The trick is to get him to shut up" McCartney or as gritty as John Lennon, but he had a real eloquence in his writing that made him stand out. IMO.

Surprised "Hey Bulldog" hasn't been mentioned yet, or "I am the Walrus."
    Too right, two gorgeous Harrison songs. ''I am the walrus'' definitely is a highlight. ''Strawberry fields'' (the candy flip version is very nice, too) and ''Lucy in the sky with diamonds'' are my personal favorites.

Purgamentum verbatim ad nauseum...

Hey Jude
    Penny Lane
    I am a Walrus

It could be said that George Harrison would have been better off if he hadn't been a Beatle, because he was overshadowed, maybe even kept down by John and Paul. His best Beatle songs were "Here Comes the Sun" and "While My Guitar Gently Weeps".

Otherwise I would choose Hey Bulldog, You've Got to Hide Your Love Away, Hey Jude, Let it Be, The Long and Winding Road, I'm Only Sleeping and A Day in the Life.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MariaTgirl
    It could be said that George Harrison would have been better off if he hadn't been a Beatle, because he was overshadowed, maybe even kept down by John and Paul. His best Beatle songs were "Here Comes the Sun" and "While My Guitar Gently Weeps".

Otherwise I would choose Hey Bulldog, You've Got to Hide Your Love Away, Hey Jude, Let it Be, The Long and Winding Road, I'm Only Sleeping and A Day in the Life.
    I won't argue with you about George being talented. Guitar Gently Weeps is probably in my top 5 beatles songs. The unfortunate thing back then was that it was all band-based...everyone was in a band. The other unfortunate thing is that George (from his interviews) was quite the shy fellow. He may have been kept down..but John was the ballsy "leader".