Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hippifried
    Right about what? I still can't figure out exactly what he did or why he's unqualified for the job he was hired to do. So far, all I've seen is that somebody or a bunch of somebodies don't like what he has to say about things that are irrelevant to the job.

So... What did he do, other than voice a personal opinion about something? What was Glen Beck "right" about? When did the republicans become so enamored by political correctness? Seems to me, the Glen Becks of the world have done nothing but incessantly gripe about it for at least the last 25 years. Maybe I'm wrong, but this sure looks like a witch hunt.
    It is all about payback to Glenn. The organization that called for the boycott of Glenn's show was founded in part by Van Jones. The Right knew about Van Jones' history and they tried to somewhat publicize it; however, once they discovered that Van Jones helped found the organization that called for a boycott of Glenn's show, they went into overdrive publicizing his past and his connections.

You can be qualified for a job but your past can bite you in the ass.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Right about what? I still can't figure out exactly what he did or why he's unqualified for the job he was hired to do. So far, all I've seen is that somebody or a bunch of somebodies don't like what he has to say about things that are irrelevant to the job.

So... What did he do, other than voice a personal opinion about something? What was Glen Beck "right" about? When did the republicans become so enamored by political correctness? Seems to me, the Glen Becks of the world have done nothing but incessantly gripe about it for at least the last 25 years. Maybe I'm wrong, but this sure looks like a witch hunt.
    Do a Google or YouTube search. If those videos don't convince you that it disqualifies Jones for an appointment there is nothing I could say that would change your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet

Do a Google or YouTube search. If those videos don't convince you that it disqualifies Jones for an appointment there is nothing I could say that would change your mind.
    I did a google search before asking the question. I'm not going to bother with You Tube, because I'm not interested in somebody else's claims of claire voyance or simplistic assumptions of another person's thoughts.

I asked for a simple clarification of a statement you made. If you can't do it, just say so or say nothing. I can live with that. But don't get uppity & tell me to find support for what you're saying. So far, I have yet to see anyone come up with a disqualifier to Van Jones doing the job he was hired to do.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet

I did a google search before asking the question. I'm not going to bother with You Tube, because I'm not interested in somebody else's claims of claire voyance or simplistic assumptions of another person's thoughts.

I asked for a simple clarification of a statement you made. If you can't do it, just say so or say nothing. I can live with that. But don't get uppity & tell me to find support for what you're saying. So far, I have yet to see anyone come up with a disqualifier to Van Jones doing the job he was hired to do.
    The information is all over the place. It's pretty much common knowledge by now about Jones signing the 9/11 Inquiry Petition, making racist statements about White kids shooting up schools, and belonging to an organization named (STORM), a group explicitly committed to revolutionary Marxist politics.

Guys like us are probably too far away in our political ideology to agree on most things. I feel Van Jones' baggage makes him a bad candidate for appointment. If you don't, that's fine. We'll agree to disagree and keep our discussion respectful.

The information is all over the place. It's pretty much common knowledge by now about Jones signing the 9/11 Inquiry Petition, making racist statements about White kids shooting up schools, and belonging to an organization named (STORM), a group explicitly committed to revolutionary Marxist politics.
    Oh, so I was right. This was just a witch hunt because he was "politically incorrect". I already knew all that crap. How is any of it relevant to the job he was hired for?

Look... Regardless of his strange tendencies toward conspiracy theories, ideological bent, or proclivity for hotheadedness & running off at the mouth, he's still an expert in this specific field with proven organizational skills. How many experts in green technology do you think there are, who know how to coordinate multiple organizations, & who would be willing to leave the private sector to brave microscopic scrutiny of their private lives by a media in a gotcha feeding frenzy, looking for anybody they can possibly attack for any reason? Now we're stuck with giving somebody OJT with billions of dollars at stake, all because of some pompous clown on the idiot box looking for ratings to save his ass because nobody will sponsor his insane rantings. Sorry, but I just can't find any virtue in vitriol.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Oh, so I was right. This was just a witch hunt because he was "politically incorrect". I already knew all that crap. How is any of it relevant to the job he was hired for?

Look... Regardless of his strange tendencies toward conspiracy theories, ideological bent, or proclivity for hotheadedness & running off at the mouth, he's still an expert in this specific field with proven organizational skills. How many experts in green technology do you think there are, who know how to coordinate multiple organizations, & who would be willing to leave the private sector to brave microscopic scrutiny of their private lives by a media in a gotcha feeding frenzy, looking for anybody they can possibly attack for any reason? Now we're stuck with giving somebody OJT with billions of dollars at stake, all because of some pompous clown on the idiot box looking for ratings to save his ass because nobody will sponsor his insane rantings. Sorry, but I just can't find any virtue in vitriol.
    OK, let's go by your opinion and say Van Jones was a victim of a witch hunt and was run out of town by Glenn Beck and the rest of Fox News. He's qualified for the job as an Obama adviser even with his baggage that the Obama administration is already aware of. Why didn't Obama do the right thing and stick up for Jones instead of practically pretending he never heard of the guy?

Jones wasn't fired. There's no evidence that he was pressured to resign. He left of his own volition. Maybe he just didn't want to be the catylist for a full blown rerun of the McCarthy era.

~ Kinky Friedman ~

Jones wasn't fired. There's no evidence that he was pressured to resign. He left of his own volition. Maybe he just didn't want to be the catylist for a full blown rerun of the McCarthy era.
    In your opinion, do you think there was not any pressure for him to step down? Don't you think Obama still should of defended him since you feel he was so mistreated?

There wasn't any reason for the Whitehouse to pressure him. The only reason anybody even knew who he was was because he organized the group who lobbied Beck's sponsors to pull out, & he did it in a couple of days in his spare time. The job is all internal.

~ Kinky Friedman ~

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by paulgutierrez
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain
    First Obama knuckles under to REICHwing nutjobs and throws the public option, and the Democratic Party Liberal base, under the bus. Then he rewords part of his address to school kids because of the same pressure. Now he dumps Van Jones because of the ravings of the lunatic Glenn Beck. Christ, I thought Harry Reid was a wimp, but compared to Obama, ol' Harry is starting to look like John Wayne. Pelosi may be the only Dem leader with an actual set of balls.

Beck's head will probably be so swollen he won't get through the door at Fox Noise this week.
    Reichwing?

That's funny because the Third Reich nationalized healthcare, banking, and the automotive industry.

I'm pretty sure that's what the republicans are against.
    you forgot Gun control.

As for Glenn Beck he did a series on his radio program called "know your Ceasers (czars)" in which he profiled Van Jones. At the same time Van Jones said some pretty off the wall comments. As for what his job was he was the green jobs Ceaser...he helped draft the Stimulus bill among other things. did he do a good job....no not in my opinion. He and the others like him these ceasers get there by the whim of the POTUS. The POTUS Cabinet is approved by the Senate....who approves Ceasers?

Is Glenn Beck Nutty? yeah I think he would say so himself. He has said time and time again, "he hopes he is wrong about the direction the United States is headed". So the critics out there should call up his show and prove him wrong, please, because like him I am worried about the direction we are heading and I want to be wrong about this, but nothing the news, POTUS, some of you has convinced me. This has nothing to do with the present POTUS or Prior POTUS's it has to do with runaway government that thinks of us as our masters and not our servants. This started in the 1900's when a number of men thought they knew better than the founding fathers. This has to do with the Commerce Clause in the Constitution being abused as a pretext to controlling everything. This has to do with Government wanting to be our saviors and not our servants. He is just telling you to wake up. If you want to end the republic then fine do it, just don't let the Government do it on their own.

Harmless_pervert

Sorry if i offended ye, no wait I am not sorry, being offended is your problem not mine.