Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

The chilling conclusion from the Russian version of Solaris by Andrei Tarkovsky when the camera pulls back to reveal that the principal character's family "home" in rural Russia is really part of the planet with the sea swirling around it. Wonderful metaphorical film and miles better than the US remake.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

The scene in Evolution where David Duchovney explains why he couldn't bring himself to put an A on those babies.

This a cheat because it's not exactly a scene: I love the version of "itsy bitsy spider" that plays over the ending credits in Eight Legged Freaks.

The scene in Contact where they decode the first alien message and its an image of Hitler (the scenes and "broadcasts" in the opening are pretty awesome too).

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Star Trek II- Spock/Kirk scene at the end

Serenity- end fight scene

Return of the Jedi- Yoda death scene

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post

The scene in Contact where they decode the first alien message and its an image of Hitler (the scenes and "broadcasts" in the opening are pretty awesome too).
    I got chills the first time I saw that. Truth be told though, it loses it's novelty after that.

~BB~

5 Star Poster

Alien, the first one

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBellucci View Post
    The entire episode of ST:TNG Best of Both Worlds (2 part cliffhanger) - I am Locutus of Borg!
    How about Yesterday's Enterprise? Seeing Tasha back on the bridge was almost as breathtaking.

Tapestry - Jean Luc looking down and laughing at being impaled in the chest.

"It's not just Mexico folks, gay marriage is also legal in Canada which makes the USA the straight meat in a big gay sandwich." (aka a Fluffernutter) - Steven Colbert

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GullyFoyle View Post
    How about Yesterday's Enterprise? Seeing Tasha back on the bridge was almost as breathtaking.

Tapestry - Jean Luc looking down and laughing at being impaled in the chest.
    Meh. I was never a huge Denise Crosby or Tasha Yar fan (I prefer Worf running security and tactical). But yeah, that scene in Tapestry was brilliant. It finally gave us an insight into Picard's youthful character... which naturally was badass. :P

~BB~

--suprised that its not listed the Ending of DUNE were Alia say "how can this be.... for he is the Kwisatz Haderach"
    --Highlander ending were he fights and kills Kurgan
    ---the Crow the whole movie was great

No Better Friend
    No Worse Enemy

Faith Domergue, shrieking her head off, gets attacked by the insect like hominid as her decompression tube begins to open. "This Island Earth" My other 2 choices have already been mentioned.

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

Professional Poster

1. "12.01" An obscure little film about a time loop, which you is worth tracking down if you can find it. This scene between the main character played by Jonathan Silverman and Helen Slater. (Ohhh, was Helen Slater so hot as Supergirl or what!!)
    [Lisa enters her office to find Denk and Barry, whom she does not recognize, waiting for her.]
    Barry:The Time Bounce has happened.
    Lisa:Excuse me?
    Barry:The Time Bounce. We're in it. The Earth has stopped as we know it. Children don't grow up. People don't stay dead. We'll never have another holiday, and you'll never see another flower bloom.
    What are you talking about?
    Lisa:And I've fallen in love with a beautiful young lady, and so far I could only see her for a few hours. And it breaks my heart to meet her every morning, a stranger. You see, I want her every day. I want her to grow old with me. That's why life is so precious: because time passes.
    Barry:Who is this... Who is this girl?
    [Barry steps closer to her with each following comment.]
    Lisa:37-point-1. Oysters. Green. The Carpenters. Fly to Heaven.
    [she gazes at him in wonder]

or...
    When he answers the phone and says..
    "Mom, I'll call you back. The day's repeating."

2. Pitch Black
    When the character with the expensive bottles of wine gets separated from the group. His light goes out. He spits out brandy into a lighter to reveal he is surrounded by the hungry flying monsters.

3. Fifth Element
    A tie between...
    "Big budda-boom!" Milla Jovavich. So cute.
    and...
    "Chicken! Good!" Again, so cute. I say this everytime I cook something in the microwave, now. How annoying! but I love it.

Last edited by eclipsemint; 06-11-2010 at 12:30 PM.
    What if all these fantasies come flailing around?