PDA

View Full Version : Search function Fixed.

imagonna
01-12-2005, 06:32 AM
Is it just me, or does the search not appear to work? It keeps saying "no posts meet your criteria" etc, even though I know that what i'm looking for exists :?

tinamem
01-12-2005, 08:00 AM
Yeah, I'm getting the same thing.

NYCe
01-12-2005, 08:04 AM
It all depends on what you are searching for and what phrases you enter. Certain words have been programmed in as stopwords to stop bots

Johnny Cocksville
02-03-2005, 08:12 PM
You are correct. It's broken.
We're rebuilding the index but it takes time. Should be back to normal soon.

thanos
02-08-2005, 07:59 PM
It's fixed :)

Vicki Richter
02-08-2005, 08:31 PM
OK about 4/5 times when I post, it just hangs and goes off to la la land. I think you need to optimize your forum database. It's pretty easy.

Ecstatic
02-09-2005, 01:53 AM
OK about 4/5 times when I post, it just hangs and goes off to la la land. I think you need to optimize your forum database. It's pretty easy.
OK, you want to talk about hot girls? Who else but Vicki would so casually toss off a line about optimizing your database and say it's pretty easy? You're so cool you're hot, Vicki.

BTW, I agree with you. I know from running forums using phpBB and MySQL that searches can tank easily. The set up tends to create lots of child processes that tank the system; we ran scripts which would automatically restart MySQL when it started to tank, but the problem completely disappeared with the shift to FUDforum, which imho is far superior to phpBB.