PDA

View Full Version : Shea ya lata..........................

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
02-27-2009, 05:52 AM
I'm taking my usual late night early morning drive past Shea on Roosevelt Avenue and I look up and see this pile of rubble almost as high as the subway tracks........

As a diehard Yankee fan I was deeply distraught by this. Distraught because I had plans to toast the demolishing of this piece of crap as they pulled it down with NYCE and a few other Yankees familia in true Heinken fashion. Yet the bastards kept it quiet and I lost out on this key moment of subway rivalry roasting...............

oh well

here's a tribute to Shea Stadium, a POS stadium I got dragged to time and time again to watch my beloved Yanks battle the OTHER baseball team in NYC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcxiXUPqh90

Tarissa
02-27-2009, 06:00 AM
I'm taking my usual late night early morning drive past Shea on Roosevelt Avenue and I look up and see this pile of rubble almost as high as the subway tracks........

As a diehard Yankee fan I was deeply distraught by this. Distraught because I had plans to toast the demolishing of this piece of crap as they pulled it down with NYCE and a few other Yankees familia in true Heinken fashion. Yet the bastards kept it quiet and I lost out on this key moment of subway rivalry roasting...............

oh well

here's a tribute to Shea Stadium, a POS stadium I got dragged to time and time again to watch my beloved Yanks battle the OTHER baseball team in NYC.

Is that the new "Bailout Field" next to Shea? My dad brought us to a game when visiting NY one summer. I remeber thinking how cute the players were but I did not mention it :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcxiXUPqh90

blckhaze
02-27-2009, 08:05 AM
Yea. I a bit pissed to find out that it was gone without the fanfare. Both Met fans crying over it, and Yankees, Giants and Dodger fans cracking bottles of champagne signing Ding dong the bitch is dead.

glenntinnyc
02-27-2009, 08:13 AM
NY has another team?

Oli
02-27-2009, 08:24 AM
Syanara to the worst stadium in MLB, and one of the worst places to see any event.

That place, I'm pretty sure, was a shit hole when it opened.

It is unfortunate that the Mets didn't go the same way as their old stadium. :crap