PDA

View Full Version : My nomination for the 2011 Darwin Awards

iamdrgonzo
03-11-2011, 07:01 PM
My nomination for the 2011 Darwin awards is this "unamed student" what a maroon.

Student Survives Jump From Golden Gate Bridge

By LORI PREUITT
Updated 5:33 AM PST, Fri, Mar 11, 2011

A field trip that included a walk along the Golden Gate Bridge ended with a student jumping off the bridge Thursday morning.

The unnamed student survived and was taken to San Francisco General Hospital, where he was reportedly being treated for injuries that included a bruised tailbone and a torn lung. Windsor High School superintendent Bill McDermott said the boy did not suffer any life threatening injuries. The boy's only complaint to paramedics on the scene was soreness and some bruising.

Surfers came to his rescue and helped him to shore.

The surfers said the boy told them he jumped for "fun." Early reports that he was dared to jump proved false. Students at the high school told reporters they did not dare him to jump, adding he came up with the idea on his own.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/North-Bay-Student-Survives-Jump-From-Golden-Gate-Bridge-117769468.html

CORVETTEDUDE
03-11-2011, 07:08 PM
It's the air in California!!! I mean...look what it's done to Dino Velvet, another candidate for this award...:shrug

dreamon
03-11-2011, 10:14 PM
you have to die to win a Darwin Award

wjcdiver
03-12-2011, 02:41 AM
A Darwin award is given to someone who improves the gene pool by eliminating himself from the possibility of reproduction. Almost is not good enough, you have to eliminate yourself.

dc_guy_75
03-12-2011, 03:09 AM
Yeah, how is it a "Darwin Award" if he lived?

Under that logic, I nominate iamdrgonazo for a Darwin Award for not knowing its obvious definition.

rufusmaxwell
03-12-2011, 03:11 AM
Very true but if he lived then he's in the mention for honorable mention right, that counts in the world of Darwin Awards!

TSCURIOUS
03-12-2011, 03:15 AM
PointBlack missed her opportunity!!!

dc_guy_75
03-12-2011, 03:23 AM
Very true but if he lived then he's in the mention for honorable mention right, that counts in the world of Darwin Awards!

With that reasoning, every single motorcyclist, every person to sleep with a prostitute or every person who sees how fast their car can go or gets an honorable mention.

pointblack
03-12-2011, 03:41 AM
PointBlack missed her opportunity!!!
I won last year... Because I love being a fag!! Thanks

I am a she! I am a she!

rufusmaxwell
03-12-2011, 03:42 AM
With that reasoning, every single motorcyclist, every person to sleep with a prostitute or every person who sees how fast their car can go or gets an honorable mention.

I'm not so sure about that one, seeing as how he jumped off a bridge trying to commit suicide, I'm pretty sure when you sleep with a prostitute or ride a bike you're not trying to commit suicide maybe trying to have some fun and get a rush but not trying to commit suicide although if thats how you think maybe loosen up a bit and enjoy life!

TSCURIOUS
03-12-2011, 04:14 AM
Glad you're OUT!!
So sorry it took your BUBBA in jail for you to figure it out!!