PDA

View Full Version : ExxonMobil's Reported 2005 Profits: $1,146 a second.

NYCe
01-30-2006, 08:54 PM
$36.13 Billion Dollars.
:jawdrop

MoonAndStar
01-30-2006, 09:01 PM
DAMN!!!!!!

Thats pimpin'....

;~)

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
01-30-2006, 09:01 PM
LMAO
thats like this site's bandwidth in the last 4 hours, I swear the shit jumped from 10 to 1000

TrueBeauty TS
01-30-2006, 09:43 PM
$36.13 Billion Dollars.

Here's the kicker.... OUR government is giving them tax breaks and also huge subsities (That means YOUR tax payer money) to "help" them develope other forms of energy... that they will then take forever to develope and when they do, they will charge us, the people that helped pay for it, an arm and a leg.

This doesn't sound like a capitalist, free market to me. Sounds like back room deals and lobbiest special interests.

Moister
01-31-2006, 12:29 AM
$36.13 Billion Dollars.

Here's the kicker.... OUR government is giving them tax breaks and also huge subsities (That means YOUR tax payer money) to "help" them develope other forms of energy... that they will then take forever to develope and when they do, they will charge us, the people that helped pay for it, an arm and a leg.

This doesn't sound like a capitalist, free market to me. Sounds like back room deals and lobbiest special interests.
Considering who's in office, can anyone be surprised?

chefmike
01-31-2006, 02:39 AM
And talk about adding insult to injury....you can't make this BS up...but these greedy pigs know that they have the criminals in the whitehouse in their pocket...

check this shit out-

Exxon asks reduction of Valdez damage award
$5 billion meant for those harmed by spill

By DAVID KRAVETS
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

SAN FRANCISCO -- Exxon Mobil Corp. urged a federal appeals court Friday to erase the $5 billion in damages an Alaska jury ordered the oil giant to pay for the 1989 Valdez oil spill.

Exxon attorney Walter Dellinger told a three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals that the company should be liable for no more than $25 million in punitive damages. Punitive damages are meant to deter and punish misconduct.

Exxon, which reported third-quarter earnings of $10 billion, said it has spent more than $3 billion on cleanup work and to settle other federal and state lawsuits stemming from the spill.

"Deterrence has been so satisfied by that amount," Dellinger said, adding that because of the money Exxon already has paid out over the last 16 years, "the harm was largely avoided."

The comment prompted chuckles from a packed courtroom that included fishermen whose livelihoods were damaged when the Valdez hit a charted reef and dumped 11 million gallons of crude oil into Prince William Sound.

"Our lives were trashed," said Max McCarty, a former Prince William Sound fisherman who said he now works as a substitute teacher in Arizona and hawks fish at local markets.

Friday's arguments were based on Exxon's appeal of an Anchorage jury's 1994 punitive damages award to 34,000 fishermen and other Alaskans whose property and jobs were harmed by the black goo the ship left smeared on roughly 1,500 miles of coastline.

During questioning, Judge Andrew Kleinfeld suggested to Dellinger that the $5 billion should be reduced to about $1.2 billion. "You're saying we should basically erase the punitive damages award," Kleinfeld said to Dellinger.

The case has come before the San Francisco-based appeals court twice before. Both times, the 9th Circuit ordered U.S. District Judge H. Russel Holland of Anchorage to reduce the award.

The latest figure he came up with was $4.5 billion plus interest.

In 1994, a federal jury found recklessness by Exxon and Valdez Capt. Joseph Hazelwood. The finding of malfeasance made Exxon liable for punitive damages.

brickcitybrother
01-31-2006, 05:39 AM
Take that WalMart!

Quinn
01-31-2006, 05:49 AM
The word for today, boys and girls, is kleptocracy. Can you say "kleptocracy"? Come on, say it with me.

-Quinn

Looking 4 Now
01-31-2006, 05:53 AM
Now I know where my money is going

Kramer
01-31-2006, 06:55 AM
Good thing I bought those 2000 shares years ago! WOW!! :lol: 8)

tgirl_lover_col
02-10-2006, 01:10 AM
Shit! I just added to that by installing a 400,000 dollar downhole monitoring system in a well in Nigeria!! Hey! Where's my cut!

flabbybody
02-10-2006, 01:40 AM
meanwhile, when the earnings report was announced the stock was north of 64. Now, it's 59.

go figure.

hungluvr
02-10-2006, 02:10 AM
meanwhile, when the earnings report was announced the stock was north of 64. Now, it's 59.

go figure.

Thats because the profit margin was less than 10%. 10% is very little to get excited about if you are an investor. In todays market with Google having a 24% and Microsoft having a 31% profit margins, this just doesnt look enticing for investors.